Do You Need A Composer? Well, Say " Hello" to Me!

Do You Need A Composer? Free Music

About Me

My name is Jessica Sharp, and I would love to develop a music score for an indie film maker. I have been a huge movie score fan since, I heard Jurassic Park's theme song. The Borne Trilogy movies soundtracks are my favorite (I am an odd ball). Since, I am just a beginner, I do not have a resume. I would like to gain lots of experience so, I can build up my resume and portfolio.

The Type of Music

The type of music I make is usually dark or action driven. I compose lots of heavy percussion, drum, and base tracks; along with ambient sounds. The genres I would use my music in is, action, adventure, mystery, and thriller.

Music Samples

https://soundcloud.com/jsdsbeats The songs that you should listen to are The Dangerous Game Ever Played (inspired by a short story I read in high school: The Most Dangerous Game) Mystery Thriller, and Come on(its a riff that I came up with literally 10 mins ago).

Payment

Since, I am just a beginner I will work for free! But, each track will only be 1-2 minutes 30 secs long. All I ask is that my name is in the credits.

Contact

jessicasharp1891@gmail.com
(440) 941-6015

I am looking forward to hear from you soon.

Jessica Sharp

Last edited:
I couldn't get to the page via that link, but this worked:

https://soundcloud.com/jsdsbeats

I loved the beats tracks, especially 'Mystery Thriller'... it had an asynchronous, unexpected timing that was refreshing (not a fan of synth tracks though)

Can you export that as a midi track(s)? I want to take it into my DAW and try alternate libraries on it to give it a sheen

Thanks, I will changes the link. But, no I don't have the MIDI format for that track. The program I use only lets me export it in .wav I'm sorry. I do have a converter, but, it does not allow me to convert to MIDI.

If all you do are "dark or action driven" scores you will be severely limiting yourself; if you want to compose as a profession you'll need to be able to compose most any genre on demand - this project you need an action score, next project an electronic jazz fusion score, the project after that a romantic orchestral score. If you are not diverse you will not work much unless you are brilliantly exceptional, and, although nice, none of your material struck me as brilliantly exceptional.

And you have very little idea of how to charge for a score. You are competing with literally thousands of other composers, many of whom are formally schooled and experienced, who will work for free. So charging at this point in your career ("I am just a beginner") just takes you out of contention right away. After doing a couple of dozen shorts and a feature or two, and you are established enough to charge a minimal fee for your scores, you will be paid a set price (a couple of hundred), and you will do changes and remixes until the client is satisfied. The next step up is when you get an entertainment attorney (and possibly a manager) to handle the negotiations and the legal side for you.

Thanks Alcove,

Your right I don't know what I am doing as far as the pricing goes. However, I am continually learning and implementing different styles of music. The reason why I said I can do dark and action driven score is because that is what I can do now. I will always update my sound-cloud page with new styles and melodies.

Back