• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch DayZ short film

Not bad. The cinematography wasn't bad, but maybe keep an eye on the focus? A couple up close shots got out of focus and stayed out. Blood spatter was just a liiiiitle too flashy. Maybe shrink them down? But it wasn't terrible either! And the muzzle flashes were pretty good.

Biggest suggestion would be to give the video more atmosphere post process. Adding black bars to the top and bottom make it feel more cinematic. And of course DayZ is a very atmospheric game. So perhaps adding a color filter (but be subtle). Maybe mess around with the saturation? More color? Less color? Warmer, colder color temps? The slightest noise filter? Do what makes it feel good to you.

Background music/"atmospheric track"? To me (And im just one guy) it would be more eerie if there was something in the background. Something along this line http://www.freesound.org/people/ERH/sounds/32332/

Fight scene wasn't bad. But maybe have the characters be more nervous? Guns already drawn, not taking their sights off each other? And when stabbing, perhaps change the angle so we don't actually see the blade NOT go into him.

All of this to say don't give up. It was pretty good and with a few tweaks, you could get even better! Good luck!

That was fun!
I agree with all of what MTsquared said, and I'll toss in a suggestion for editing:
Especially during the fight scenes, there are a lot of places where you can trim the shots quite a bit. For example after he stabs, he just kind of stands there a while and hangs out. Shortening the ends of clips will help it feel more natural.
Overall, good start! Keep having fun with it most importantly.
-Matt

Back