• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

copyright Short script, register or not?

Hello all,

I was thinking about submitting to some festivals (Page and Scriptapalooza mainly), should I have it registered or there is no need for that?
Thank you

depends how much you have till the deadline. U.S copy right office is a better option but it takes 6 months for a script to be registered. still the online registration code given to you instantaneously after submission is enough to cover you . WGA is a good option too but they recharge you after 5 years if you still wanna use their services. For a 5 year gap both wga and U.S copyright are solid options. for more than 5 years U.S copyright is better.

depends how much you have till the deadline. U.S copy right office is a better option but it takes 6 months for a script to be registered. still the online registration code given to you instantaneously after submission is enough to cover you . WGA is a good option too but they recharge you after 5 years if you still wanna use their services. For a 5 year gap both wga and U.S copyright are solid options. for more than 5 years U.S copyright is better.

Thanks.

Well I'll need it for today :D
Is that the case with WGA too?

Both of them are ok . both of them can cover you. wga gives you instant registration code, I don't know about U.S copyright office. but I know the date you've submitted your material to US. copyright office is saved on their systems and that's enough to cover you in any case ( As they've explained to me via email ) .

Back