A Marketing Plan Brainstorm

We are shooting pickup footage next week. That should conclude the footage we need for the production.

I have a semi-famous song writer making an original end credits song about the characters in the production and story.

An unknown artist is working on a song for a music video.

I am looking to meet up with a film sales agent, entertainment lawyer, and independent producer friend during Memorial Day week to discuss her becoming the series agent.

I am looking to bring the final cut and the script for IC3 to NAB, NATPE, and local offices for cable TV networks. The hope is to get a license to air the short to make money to become the budget for IC3.

I will also enter the final cut into the Bare Bones Film Festival through Withoutabox.com to give everyone their IMDB credits for the production and hold a screening party in the Spring of 2013. I have to postpone the screening party because of more wwage cuts I have to endure.

Also, I will become SAG Signatory next year since we will be working with SAG for IC3.

Any other suggestions for marketing?

Any other suggestions for marketing?

I wouldn't show up at NAB hoping to sell a movie or TV show. While there are seminars on the logistics of content, it's 95% a convention for the technical side of production focusing on gear for pre-production, production and post as well as a lot of broadcast equipment (satellites, trucks, etc). The money it takes to get out there, let alone get a booth would be much better spent elsewhere.

You should read through rayw's posts on indie marketing and VOD. An incredible amount of useful info if you take the time to decipher it :D

... if you take the time to decipher it :D
Heyyyy!!!:hmm::grumpy:

I prefer "dig through" it. :D

Do whatever you can to build your audience before springing it on them.
It's good for you.
It's good for anyone who might be interested in buying it.

You've been at this considerably longer than I have.
So far, all my work's been on the theoretical side. Yours has been practical - but society and strategies change.

BOL!

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

Paul, good point about NAB.

Rayw, interesting read.

I'm looking at good custom music to help generate more interest in the production. A good tune sticks in people's minds. A good verse of words does too. That can be as effective as handing out bsuiness cards.

Thanks guys.

Back