• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

"Soul Fray" - Supernatural Thriller Film

Hey all,

I'm two weeks away from wrapping production on what I suppose can be considered my first effort as a truly independent director, and wanted to pass our page link around to some of the other hardworking members of the community. For now, our shared content is limited to screengrabs and behind-the-scenes content, but over the next three months we'll be debuting some select portions of our video footage.

https://www.facebook.com/soulfray

The film is called 'Soul Fray' (you'll really have to watch it to find out why), and takes place over the course of about 24 hours in a fictional West Virginian town called Miraton. If you've ever played video games like 'Alan Wake', watched films like 'Darkness Falls', or read anything by Stephen King, you'll see the many ways that we've drawn inspiration from existing subgenres when we were writing our antagonistic force for the film. This particular story in the 'man vs. supernatural' archive is about five young vacationers turned survivors who are forced to endure a night of wave after wave of possessed townsfolk with no real explanation as to why this is happening to them.

The project expenses came/are still coming 100% out of my own pocket; no crowdfunding (yet), no paid actors, no financial support from friends or family. We had a team of six rotating crewmembers, not including myself, who were vastly overworked and under-appreciated and there for nothing more than the love of the project and the passion for their craft. We worked on the weekends so that the many unpaid volunteers on the project could still participate in their respective work weeks. The goal will eventually be to release for digital download on Vimeo On Demand, and if the project performs well enough, we'd like to build it into something bigger, even potentially bringing our cast back to film a sequel.

I'll also be editing the project over the course of the next few months, with the ongoing input(s) of a volunteer composer and a volunteer special effects animator. As material becomes available, I'll try to share some of it in the screening room; but in the meantime, I just wanted to pass the subject matter to my peers in the indie community and see if anybody here would be interested in seeing the finished product when it becomes available.

Thanks all, and continued good luck on all of your own projects!

Sincerely,
Tim Goodell
Actor-Director
soulfraycasting@gmail.com

Back