CD Audio Extractor Feature

Does Pro Tools have a CD Audio Extractor utlility?

I have used it in the past with Sound Forge for Windows to extract voice over recordings from actors at a local recording studio for narrations in past films. I just invested in Sound Forge Pro 3 for the Mac and discovered the CD audio extractor feature just isn't in the Mac version. Everything else about it seems to match the latest Windows version of Sound Forge. Since Magix offered me the Windows upgrade to Sound Forge at a very low price, I went for it to have two computers with 64 bit audio editing software.

I am considering investing in the perpetual version of Pro Tools next year when some money comes in. So, I would like to know ahead of time if the feature is available.

Thanks guys.

Depending upon your audio settings for the session, audio files will either be directly imported or converted.

For instance, as I assume you will be doing audio post, a standard 44.1/16 AIFF audio CD will be converted to 48/24 BWAV (if those are your session settings).

Thanks Alcove Audio.

I spent more time with Sound Forge Pro for the Mac and discovered why it doesn't need the feature. It seems to be built into the operating system, Sierra. All I have to do is click on the open folder and click on the CD icon in Finder and it opens up the tracks. Clicking on a track and it automatically converts it to an AIFF setup in preferences that can be saved as an AIFF that video editing software can read to place on an audio track.

Sound Forge Pro has also been converting my old iMac OS 8.6 audio files into newer AIFFs that Sierra and iTunes can read.

That's for the 411. It is appreciated.

Back