Newest Table Top Dolly

Here is my newest DIY Table Top (Skateboard Wheel) Dolly.

I think it would cost about $30 or so to make including PVC and end caps.

TabletopdollydiagramJpcopy2.jpg

Topside.jpg

Ontracks.jpg

Feel free to add pics and diagrams or whatever of yours.

-Thanks-

Last edited:
I don’t have a camera to make a tutorial with, I mean unless it were stills, but honestly I wouldn’t want to advocate (beyond showing the design, which is just a simple dolly) making something like this, not that it’s hard at all (Because it’s not), but things like a drill press, metal drill bits, a few vises, a hack saw and other various tools make it a 1000 times SAFER and a million times easier to do.

-Thanks-

That said:

All there is to it is a (A deck) piece of square wood (I used Plexiglas on this one because it’s all I could find.) that you add a lip to (A boarder of 4 pieces of wood, so the tripod doesn’t fall off- I used aluminum pieces because I had nothing else.), so you make a square inside of a square. A deck with a lip around it.

Demo1copy.jpg

-Thanks-

Then you get some angle iron or even angle aluminum that is about an inch and a half on each side (The “angle” is a right angle, so an L or a V in shape when you turn it.), but screw buying a piece of this for like $15 at the store, just stop one of the many guys cruising your alleys with the pick-up truck of scrap and give him 5 bucks for a bed frame piece, or better yet, grab it from the alley before he does –then you can make two whole trucks that extend the length of your deck instead of making 4 trucks (One for each corner), this adds considerable weight, but weight isn’t a bad thing in a dolly.

Then you mark off and drill holes to mount it to the deck and holes for the wheels. (*A punch and hammer to make a starter indent for your drill bit to catch into goes a long way, so do safety glasses!)

Demo2a.jpg

-Thanks-

Last edited:
If you read all of that non sense about how the trucks are made and assembled, then you can look at them and understand it at a glance. (Then curse me for not just showing that in the 1st place!) :blush:

NOTE: As shown here the wheels are staggerd ALOT (Because I'm an idiot!), this leaves gaps of non-support that are a total failure. I redrilled these trucks to as close to side by side wheels as I could, (like in the diagrams), but they do have to be ever so slightly staggered so the bolt heads don't hit each other inside the angle iron.

Truckside.jpg

The PVC rails are cheap and practical, but you can also use a set of pipe clamps with your table that you don’t mind chewing up a little.

30921-01-200.jpg

-Thanks-

Last edited:
Back