• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Sonnyboo Intern

a little more info

good shit. keep it up bro!

Very cool, sonny :D

Thanks all. I think I'm done with these. 6 is enough. We had fun making these. Alex loved the abuse, I think he has issues.

We shot with the Canon T2i. They each took about 1 hour total shooting time, and about 1 hour to edit and add the visual FX (thank you Andrew Kramer and VideoCopilot.net). I borrowed a projector for one of those, and a real pistol for the last one. The original gun is just a plastic one, but with the magic of sound FX and muzzle flashes, most people can't tell.

My favorite comment by a friend (Mickey Fisher) was "I love that you're packing heat while you edit..."

I just wanted to do something to kill time (and possibly Alex my Intern) before shooting on the feature later this year. After a deal made today, it's looking more and more likely I will get to make this movie in 2011!!!

Here's the whole thing edited together as a single short film...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S2hk2mT-HI

We took maybe 2 hours total shooting time on 2 separate days (1 hour each day) and editing and FX work took maybe 2-3 hours total for the whole thing. Shot on the Canon T2i we had sitting around. Used a lot of the tutorials and elements from VIDEOCOPILOT.NET and the ACTION ESSENTIALS 2 set.

Glad people are liking these. Maybe the guys at Fox Searchlight can see how to properly train their interns....

Haha! Good stuff. I want to see a Sonnyboo/Bernie Lawson buddy movie! :yes:

This has been a great thread. Thanks, sonny.

Back