• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Need distribution for Gay drama

Hey guys, writer/director/producer and actor of a film Ive completed titled "Boystown". A gay drama that we are actually wanting to continue on to do more episodes but looking for distribution for the first one. Was shot low budget but a fun show. We have great artwork on the dvd and I have it listed through customflix at the moment. You can see our website at www.boystownla.com where we have a trailer etc listed..If any of you have any contacts, ideas, suggestions would love to hear. First time dealing with the whole distribution game and love to talk to someone as well that has this knowledge.

Thanks,

Ricky

Welcome to Indietalk, Rickstar32! :) Congrats on finishing the first piece in 'Boystown'.

I know nothing about distribution but there are members here who are fountains of info on the topic, I'm sure they'll chime in.

Thanks Bird Hopefully someone will chime in with a wealth of knowledge, also if anyone has had any experience with Kunaki, seems like they do the same thing as customflix

You might want to join pqprofessionals@yahoogroups.com

or www.yahoogroups.com/groups/pqprofessionals

It's for professional queer producers, which was created several years ago, containing a bunch of profeesionals, producers, and interested parties in the queer entertainment industry (film/video)

Here's their description:

The PopcornQ Film & Video Professionals List is an e-group intended for use by film and video professionals (makers, distributors, exhibitors and festival programmers, bookers, journalists, etc.), with an emphasis on the genre of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender motion pictures and events. Please feel free to exchange information such as: calls for entries, funding opportunities, film production, job searches, newly completed projects, etc. Please also share your expertise regarding: labs, how to work with actors, finding a distributor, etc. The list is also open to critical discussions of issues in queer cinema, info about queer film festivals, announcements of world-wide events in film, retrospectives, and items of interest to
film professionals. THIS GROUP IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE BY NON-FILM PROFESSIONALS OR AS A BULLETIN BOARD FOR POSTING ADVERTISEMENTS REGARDING NON-FILM RELATED WEBSITES OR OTHER MATERIALS. MEMBERS ABUSING THIS PRIVILEGE WILL BE BANNED.

Johnny Wu
www.mdifilm.com

Last edited:
HEY HEY HEY, watch the way you throw around that particular label Johnny!

Rickstar, welcome to the board, hope you enjoy your stay. :D

oh sorry my bad, it's for directors, producers, professionals etc that are into queer cinema... would that work? :)

Back