What is the 'official' Checklist of a Director?

When you work as a director what are the things expected from you and in what order?
I mean like:
  1. Script Breakdown
  2. Develop Concept Art with Concept Artists
  3. Develop Storyboards with Storyboard Artist
  4. ..

if you know any article talking in more depth about each step it will be cool.

Everyone has their own way, it just depends on whats needed for the production and in what order. Sci Fi films might need something before, Romance etc. It all comes together.

When you work as a director what are the things expected from you and in what order?
I mean like:
  1. Script Breakdown
  2. Develop Concept Art with Concept Artists
  3. Develop Storyboards with Storyboard Artist
  4. ..

if you know any article talking in more depth about each step it will be cool.

I don't know what is "expected." You can probably search "how to direct a movie" and get more books suggested than you can spend time reading. But they'll probably tell you what you should do if you have a real budget. I'll just tell you what I do (no budget for concept or storyboard artists)

1. Be thoroughly acquainted with your script. And I mean thoroughly.
2. Try to befriend a script supervisor, who will ask you a thousand questions about each shot. "It says that they are standing in the rain? How are you going to shoot this?" You should be able to say, "Well me and my buddy made this improvised rain machine that we're going to use."
3. Get to know your actors. Rehearse with them. Get them on your page.
4. Have a budget for recording proper audio.

Whatever else you do, if you do these four things, you should be comfortable on the the shoot day.

Back