• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

FREE copies of 'The Craft of the Cut' up for grabs!

400000000000000751140_s4.png

To celebrate the release of 'The Craft of the Cut' (the Final Cut Pro X Editor's Handbook) by Marios Chirtou and Mark Riley, John Wiley & Son's publishers are giving away 5 copies all for FREE!

Simply email us (talee@wiley.com) with your full name and email address and the 5 lucky winners will be contacted on Monday 17th September.

For more information on the book please visit:
www.wiley.com/buy/9781119951735

And for those of you who aren't successful, just keep an eye out for a discount code to come!​

Very cool. :)

I won of these copies (was notified a couple of weeks ago), and huzzah! Mailman came a knockin' and I have a copy of this in my hot little hands, as we speak.
smiley_woop.gif

It's a large, softcover textbook-sized training handbook, about 350 pages long. Lots of color screenshots to refer to, and a DVD inserted at the rear of the book with a sample film (and all the raw elements) to assemble. Also shot lists, continuity lists, etc, for learning how to match edits up with the notes taken while shooting, I'm reckoning.

So I gots me some fine reading & practice to do. Thanks, Natasha & peeps at Wiley, for a first look at the book. It appears to be very comprehensive. :cool:

Back