• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Toxic Moxie, "Talking Hands"

Well this was a lot of fun to make! The band was energetic, and really great sports to work with.

On Indietalk, I got some great advice from It Donned on Me, directing me to find a way to save some footage that should've been unusable.

And wheatgrinder did some really great compositing! The shots of
the zombies coming out of the ground
were done by him, and I think they look fantastic! It was an extreme rush-job, so I wasn't able to give him as much time as he would've wanted, but regardless, I think they work (and the live audience last night was particularly impressed with those shots).

This video is NSFW, and should be considered Rated-R: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUcBtQGrKM0&feature=youtu.be

Produced by Danny Crawford, Mitch Kordella, Justin Shear, Sarah Siegfried, Sera Stavroula, and Joseph Weindl

Directed by Joseph Weindl

Cast (in order of appearance):

Mitch Kordella -- Mad Scientist/Dancer
Sera Stavroula -- Zombie Queen
Danny Crawford -- Pizza Guy/Dancer
Autumn Hord -- Human #1
Patrick Allen -- Human #2
Josef Crawford -- Human #3
Justin Shear -- Cyclist Zombie/Human #4
Albert Williams -- Human #5
Justin Leake -- Human #6
Chauncey Jenkins -- Human #7
Kayla White -- Human #8
Joseph Weindl -- Human #9
Rebecca Anne Muhleman -- Emerging Zombie #1/Dancer
Nicklas Aliff -- Emerging Zombie #2/Dancer
John Michelli -- Zombie Dancer
Nawrin Bond -- Zombie Dancer
Jeff Crawford -- Zombie Dancer
Asa Maurer -- Zombie Dancer
Jack Iannis Fjerdingstad -- Zombie Dancer
Taschi Zorn -- Zombie Dancer

Choreography by Steven Ralph

Makeup by Carley Bates, Reggie Bond and Sarah Siegfried

Compositing by Dan Scott

Music by Toxic Moxie

Very nice.
Looks like it was a lot of fun to make.

Wheat - your compositing looks great!

When doe the BTS video come out? :lol:

That was great fun. The lead actress/singer has really good presence and some of the special effects are pulled of with great aplomb.

If I were to make any criticisms it'd probably be that there was some inconstancy in terms of the way the footage looked. I know you had problems on this front that were outside of your control, but there were a couple of shots (outdoor car park and bushes spring to mind) which looked a bit flat in comparison with some really nice touches, like the actress moving through the park and the opening mad scientist scene.

But, all in all, a really strong music video! Loved the dancing at the end :)

Nice job for everyone involved!

It was a fun video and I really liked the song, but I'll agree the video felt flat in some areas. Not the ideas, but the cinematography.

I was "thrilled" with
the dancing at the end.
:) Totally didn't see that coming. Super fun!

Excellent work on all accounts, Cracker. We all know how challenging it can be to get all those bodies on set at the same time, dressed in wardrobe AND makeup, so kudos for wrangling it all together.

Love the little stutter edits that reinforce some of the vocals and riffs. I bet this would be well received at a bunch of horror film festivals! Considering submitting to a few! :yes:

Thanks, y'all!

There's no question that there are parts of this video that I'm not happy with, and I have a feeling that the constructive criticisms in this thread are very likely referencing the aspects of the video that I wish were better.

I don't want to make excuses, so instead I'd like to explain my logic going into the shoot. In a nutshell, it was a gamble, one that mostly paid off, but not entirely. I had a hard deadline, a limited amount of time to shoot, and a whole bunch of question marks, mostly regarding casting -- who is actually gonna show up, and when can we expect them? It was a run-and-gun production, just as I knew it would be. Anyway, I could've planned something more controlled; I could've planned something in which we could take out all the guess-work. This would've allowed me to tailor each and every shot to be exactly how I want it.

But that would've required compromising the overall vision, one which required A LOT of footage, in many locations, with many actors. And as has always been the case with me, when my inner-DP argues with my inner-director, my inner-director wins every time.

Some day, oh some day, I'll be able to take enough time to get some proper cinematography (actually, I think it's pretty likely that my next video will be the first time I'll finally be able to JUST direct). But for this particular project, I'm rather happy with our run-and-gun results, and I think it will likely lead to better things in the future.

And Flicker, it's definitely gonna be submitted to a fest or two. :)

Youtube has been being weird for me lately but I was able to watch the first couple minutes.

From what I saw, that was really amazing. The special effects had me cringing (in the good way) and I liked the humor you were able to convey with camera and editing. The sort-of speeding-up thing with the dude in the hall when he turns to run off made me think of Scooby Doo and laugh.

You had some really nice shots in there, but I'll tell you, I'm most impressed that you tackled a 5+ minute song. That shit is haaaard.

Nice job!

I think a lot of the horror festivals take place in the fall, so you might be able to squeak in a few "late" deadline submissions. But you'll have all next year to pick and choose.

Thanks, guys!

Dreddy, if you prefer vimeo -- https://vimeo.com/73352234
PW: "justinpoops"

Actually, the only footage that's sped up is when she makes her first attack (and just before it). In the hall, they're just moving fast. :)

Flicker, I know it's best suited for horror fests, but as of now, I think I'm only interested in a local fest in Richmond, another one in Seattle, Richmond because I'd obviously attend, and Seattle because there's a good chance I'd attend. And then I think I'll also submit to Slamdance. Cuz how awesome would it be to go to Slamdance?! :)

Cheers!

Back