Which DSLR wide angle lens?

I really need to get a cheap wide angle lens for my 550D as I dont have anything wide enough yet. I will be shooting a short film on this lens and hopefully use it for many other occasions. I have a price limit of about 240 pounds (385 dollars). My two main competitors are:

Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM
Or
Samyang/Rokinon 14mm T3.1 ED AS IF UMC VDSLR Cine Lens

The canon is 30 pounds cheaper and a whole lot more compact but I havent seen any footage with it that has really impressed me. However I have seen some really stunning footage with the Samyang and as it's a cine lens I thought it would be a better option? I'm really not sure whether the Canon is more of a photography lens and that it won't be as good as the Samyang. If anyone has experience with either of these two lenses or if they know of a better option within the price limit that would be of great help.

I was kind of curious as to why you would want a lens that wide? Are you shooting in a really cramped quarters? Cause anything below 18mm is really wide, and is not really needed for filmmaking in my opinion, unless you seriously want an "iphone-ish" look, or a "wall-eye vision" look, which is fine, it's just I think you would need a really good reason for wanting such a look.

Back