Revisiting this forum after a hiatus

Hello, again. I used to hang out here, then I decided to focus on other things for a while. I worked with an indie producer/director on one of his projects, and that was an experience, to say the least. I've been working my way back into some professional gigs, lately, but my goal is to produce creative projects with other people who are motivated by the filmmaking process, rather than becoming rich and famous.

My strengths lie in the technical areas. I have a good technical understanding of cameras, lenses, audio gear, electronics, lights, practical lighting, etc. I've been collecting gear, and I would say I am gear heavy, for the little bit or production I've actually been doing. Therefore, I'd be happy to join another local production and provide some nice gear.

I have tons of stuff, but here are some of my more recent acquisitions ...
Panasonic DVX-200
Lumix G85
Ninja Flame
a matching set of DSLRs (1080p max) with various lenses
some new LED lights

... I still have lots of older gear, including microphones, lights, stabilizers, etc., etc.

So, I'm going to hang out here for a while, and see how this goes. I might be able to answer some technical questions, I'm in the market for a nice gimbal, I might be selling some stuff, and last but not least, I'd like to establish some new collaborative relationships.

Warm regards,
Doug

Back