• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Effects of Being High

What's up everyone

I made this short video for my class. It was supposed to be a "journey" film and could be about a physical journey, or a spiritual or mental journey. I chose to do a more mental journey I guess.

The basic story line is about a guy sitting in a chair getting high. He visualizes a "journey" while sitting on the chair. He never does what he imagines. I know a lot of the editing is whack, I used iMovie because I was running out of time & couldn't figure out how to blend two shots smoothly when they fade in and out.

I'd really like some feedback on the two long shots I tried to capture, as well as the use of first person. The very first shot at the beginning, and the shot inside the liquor store are the two long shots. Those were the main shots I really tried to work hard on. I used a DIY steadycam to try and make the motion more smooth. My other video was really shaky, someone had posted that feedback in my other video, so I thought I'd try and make.

If you could also tell me if I have improved in any way from this video here: http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=47150

Hope you guys enjoy and thanks for any feedback!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObHnNxLH3Bw

The editing was more interesting than the footage, tbh. Some cool match-cuts, and a lot of the prism fx reminded me of the first Tron flick... so that was cool, too.

Like your previous film, it really suffers from a lack of story. Well, I 'spose you could make a case that deciding to go to the cornerstore to buy a 40 and come back home is a story... not a terribly satisfying one, though.

I think that also stymies your camerawork. What to shoot, when it's not clear what has to be shown? I believe that's why you have so much filler walking footage, in both this one and your Angry Gamer video.

You at Cypress in OC? :)

The editing was more interesting than the footage, tbh. Some cool match-cuts, and a lot of the prism fx reminded me of the first Tron flick... so that was cool, too.

Like your previous film, it really suffers from a lack of story. Well, I 'spose you could make a case that deciding to go to the cornerstore to buy a 40 and come back home is a story... not a terribly satisfying one, though.

I think that also stymies your camerawork. What to shoot, when it's not clear what has to be shown? I believe that's why you have so much filler walking footage, in both this one and your Angry Gamer video.

You at Cypress in OC? :)

Yeah, I didn't really have much of a story going on in this fiilm. I guess the story would be, "boy sits in a chair, gets high, and imagines himself going to the store and the park".

And yeah I am at Cypress in OC?

Do/did you go there?

Back