• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Beyond the Basement Door release

Hi everybody. I'm Jason Huls. I'm getting set to release an H.P. Lovecraft-inspired short film I wrote and directed called Beyond the Basement Door. It features Dan Roebuck (LOST), Richard Pryor Jr and Brenna Lee Roth. We're releasing it on Vodo.net for free very soon. I thought I'd share the trailer with yall. If you like what you see, we have a facebook page, of course! We'd really appreciate any support. Thanks!

Vimeo Trailer: https://vimeo.com/20276233

BTBDposterlarge_zps9f1f1083.jpg

Cool poster. Mysterious trailer. Anything with a Lovecraft influence is A-OK in my book. :cool:

Some of the set-dec looked a bit suspect, particularly the blankets over the windows. Was that to avoid blowing out the windows, or actual design? Just looks odd in the trailer.

Will check the whole thing out when it's online. :)

Your poster is AWESOME! I commend the designer's choice to go with lots of negative space and keep the overall look uncluttered, clean, and elegant. Bravo.

The trailer was a bit manic for my taste, but as a Lovecraft fan, I would like to see the film in its entirety. Congrats on the short!

Thanks, Steve! The blankets...good note but that actually is on purpose. Our hero is a bit of a paranoid recluse but I can see what you're saying by just viewing the trailer. If you follow the vodo link, the movie is actually ready for download! Thanks!
Jason

Your poster is AWESOME! I commend the designer's choice to go with lots of negative space and keep the overall look uncluttered, clean, and elegant. Bravo.

The trailer was a bit manic for my taste, but as a Lovecraft fan, I would like to see the film in its entirety. Congrats on the short!

I passed the compliment on to the poster designer. It's much appreciated! He's got a good eye for marketing. The trailer- yeah. It was a choice. We actually found the piece of music first and thought it was interesting and a little different than a lot of other trailers we saw. The movie is ready for download. Hope you enjoy!
Jason

Will be watching sometime this week, Jason!

And we just sent our teaser trailer to this year's HPLFF, which is always a great time. Ever been?

No but I'm hoping to one of these days. There is one in Oregon and Texas, right? Judging by your site, it looks like you really are into the HPL-iverse! Which film are you sending in this time?

SCHWEET, agreed love the poster man.

Trailer was good but personally in the end i needed a complete silence when the girl was holding his neck, maybe only hearing their breath or something..

but really looking forward to this..

Back