Should I go to University for Film?

You also need to have a mature view of "love" ... which many people who get divorced don't.

It's not all puppy dogs and rainbows. Often time love involves gut-wrenching agony and major frustration... sound like any film projects you've been involved in? I know it does for me. But filmmaking is the only constant 'love' I've had since childhood. I've spent more time putting off pursuing it than actually pursuing it, and that hasn't made me happy.

:yes: that's the truth!

There's a thing about doing what you love... Once you start doing it for money, it's your job.

I may dislike the "business" part of my business, but that's the price I pay for doing something that I love - and am good at.

Often time love involves gut-wrenching agony and major frustration...

No matter what you do - be it a relationship or a career (not a for-the-money job) - takes an incredible amount of hard work and dedication.

Mirman10 - I'm a great proponent of learning by doing. My suggestion is that you work on any film set that you can get yourself attached to. Yeah, looking in from the outside filmmaking is fun and glamorous, but it requires huge amounts of hard work and dedication, much more than you could ever believe. So get onto film sets and see if this is really what you want to do; if it's not you haven't wasted your money on film school. If it is what you want to you will have learned what you need to learn, and the lessons will have more immediacy and relevance. And, if you are talented, dedicated and hard-working, you may never have to go to film school; you'll work your way up and learn by doing.

Back