Should I sell this or keep it?

Should I sell it or now?

• Yes, be a cold hearted bastard who cares more about money than art

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No, relish in the knowledge that this book has sentimental and economic value

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ask stupid questions to strangers

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
Just to say again, keep it.

I sold so many books during desperate college days. None of them would be worth any more money than when I sold them - but there are many that I regret selling for their non financial value.

This particular book would be one of the last things I sold for "need of money."

What I would say is that if you've just scooped this as a bargain and it doesn't hold sentimental value then I'd, personally, not be able to resist the temptation to sell.

On the other hand if you collect Kubrick memorabilia then that's a whole other ball game. Would you ever be tempted to pay $500 for this book? If so then you've saved yourself a bunch of money. If not then you might've done a very shrewd bit of business...

I've never understood people who get attached to objects. I mean fair enough for women if it's like their grandmas jewelry or something.
Keeping a book when you could make 1 grand from it? why but whyyy?

I used to collect stamps when I was like 8, I've still got some which will be worth something in the future, and when that happens I'll sell them.

What do you get from your books other than the superficial feeling of " geez Ain't I a lucky fucker, i'm the only one who's got this book".

I mean common 1k for a book? You could sell it and buy me a fancy dslr :D

More seriously if for some odd reason that I'll never understand you're attached to them and you'll regret having sold them cause you can't tell your books a little bed time story then keep them. Otherwise sell sell sell, take a photo of you holding one, and then basta

For the sake of future generations, make a digital copy. The world cant loose this treasure. Anonymously post it to some archive web site. There is a higher law that demands it.

Then sell it to a REAL collector who will put it in a climate controlled vault.... and then in a thousand years, when the earth is locked in an ice age, the guys hiding in the cave can burn it for warmth..

Then again, that sounds like the outline of a cool movie..

I've never understood people who get attached to objects. I mean fair enough for women if it's like their grandmas jewelry or something.
Keeping a book when you could make 1 grand from it? why but whyyy?

Because some things are worth more than the sum of their parts.

Sheets of paper with words and pictures printed on them, bound together at one edge to create a single object.

A...a..b-book?

:lol:

Sorry, Sam K. I couldn't resist. I would watch all of Kubrick's movies if you haven't. Start with any two, really and if you are amazed, you'll watch more yourself. :)

I mean fair enough for women if it's like their grandmas jewelry or something.

23284_113719788643268_1206_q.jpg

At the same time, I love my Kubrick book collection. I could use the $$$, but I don't really put a price on things I love.

Keep it.

You say you have a Kubrick book collection? Keep the collection in tact. I would say go get Kubrick to sign it for you but...oh, well...Do you really need the money? You're not standing on the corner selling matches, right? If it gave you any kind of enlightenment then maybe there is some sentimental attachment, don't sell it.

I wish I'd had the money to purchase a complete collection of Alexander Dumas books when I found them in a flea market. Still pissed about that one....

Wrap them bitches up like an advanced book of potions at Hogwarts. :D

-- spinner :cool:

I'm a huge collector of rare film books.

I recently purchased Tarsem's "The Fall" promotion book for 25 dollars. Sells for 425 dollars on Amazon. Amazing book! All pictures.

Also purchased The Stanley Kubrick Archives for about 30 dollars. Sells for $644 new on Amazon.

I'd say keep it. Money can always easily be made.

PS. I can buy the same edition you purchased for about 40 bucks... So you might as well just keep it!

good point, its BUYING price that matters.. just cause somebody selling, dont mean someone else is buying at that price..lol

There was one for $399 a few days ago, and it sold. Now the 3 left are $999.

I put it for sale for $449 but I don't think anyone will buy it. If I change my mind, I'll remove the post on Amazon. I think I got a line on another copy for $20 at another Half Priced Books in town. I'm not hurting for cash, but I don't want to keep things if I don't read them more than once, but I have read most of my Kubrick books more than once.

Back