SXSW

I submitted one of my shorts this year but I just got rejected.

Here's the lovely letter:

Thank you for submitting, 'What I've Done' for consideration for SXSW 2013. It’s thrilling as well as daunting for us to have so much fascinating work to sift through.

Unfortunately, your film did not make the final program. We received over 5700 submissions, for a final lineup of around 120 features, and 140 shorts. We weigh the entries carefully. We’re looking to create a finely balanced program that’s just right for SXSW. But it’s not easy. The decisions are often excruciating.

We’re sorry it didn’t work out for your film this year, however, if you’d still like to attend SXSW, which we’d love, we’re offering you our most discounted Film Badge rates.

Please go to this link: https://cart.sxsw.com/products/show?product_code=reg-film and use this discount code (good for you & up to 4 team members): reg-film-festival-applicant_13tpnk35tt

Besides checking in on the final program, there are great learning and networking opportunities available at our Conference and Parties.

Again, thank you for caring about SXSW and wanting to participate.

-SXSW Film Festival Staff

I submitted a short and haven't heard anything yet. I have one friend who also submitted a short and hasn't heard anything. Two other people that I know got rejections this past week though. Insides are squirming.

Rejected. I have been rejected from all the top ten festivals. If it were a teen dance, I would be the ugly girl sitting all alone. It was a long shot, so now I'm going for the not so big ones.

Just went through the list of films accepted and out of all of them not counting the international films, I counted very few that didn't have some celeb involvement. Of the non-celeb films accepted, their creators were people who previously got into Slamdance,Sundance, etc., can't say I blame them for programming these people, need to fill seats.

I haven't made a film that has gone on to Slamdance or Sundance or won any kind of awards so I can't compete with that.

We have to start at smaller festivals, get names in our next picture, or have an award-winning short and then go after these big ones.

Now I know.

next feature Im doing it internationally...
if youre a numbers person the odds are much better

Back