• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

One Shot Interrogation Scene

I am making a short advertisement/sketch for my school to promote our yearbook, and the entire sketch involves a simple interrogation scene between a mysterious figure whom you can only see it's silhouette, and an innocent kid. The kid is sitting at the table the whole time while the interrogator moves slowly around the table, and then stops at the end. I'd really like to make this go in one entire shot, but how would I be able to make it visually interesting? I have an idea to position the camera behind the interrogator and move slowly with him whilst still being able to see the kid, but I'm not sure how well that'd work composition wise. Does anyone have some ideas on how I can make it work visually?

For the camera angle, I might go above the interrogator's head, pointed diagonally down, at the captured person. Not sure if that will work for the whole thing, but if I had to have just one, I would do that.

I like harmonica's suggestion but answering your question, really have no budget, I mean I'm doing this in our photography lab so I do have some quality gear. I have some good can lights that I have that I'm thinking about using. Does that answer your questions?

Back