DSLR Tripod Recommendations

Hey gang im looking for a tripod, currently shooting on a 550d with battery grip and zoom H4N so prob looking at a couple kilo's. I dont really have a clue when it comes to tripods. i've used some of the heavy duty manfrottos before and really appreciate the ability to pivot the head to bubble it quickly.

any recommendations?

thanks
Liam

The manfrotto 055XProB is a great medium tripod. If you need more heavy duty, the manfrotto 161MK2B is all you'll ever need.

For heads, Acratech makes a nice pano head, manfrotto 303 plus, or the nodal ninja NN4

never seen any heads like that before. i suppose i should have mentioned my budget. i guess it was pretty late when i posted last night. im looking to spend about £150-200 tops.

never seen any heads like that before. i suppose i should have mentioned my budget. i guess it was pretty late when i posted last night. im looking to spend about £150-200 tops.

Take a look at the manfrotto 300N or maybe the Nodal Ninja RD16, both are under $200 and support a good bit of weight.

It is kind of easy to want to skimp on support gear, but keep in mind that tripods and heads need to be able to support your camera and lens. You get what you pay for.

i've heard this is supposed to be pretty good?

Manfrotto 501HDV HDV Video Head

anyone used this?

Yes, the £119 501HDV is pretty much the standard - but unless you can find one for a really good price, you'll quickly go over your £200 budget when you add a decent set of legs.

Have you looked at the £150 Fancier FC270A? Very well-reviewed and a good value for money.

Cheers,

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
Back