Most filmmakers hate their lives.

Edit: I'm done with this website. Best of luck to all. I've made friends with the people I want to make friends with. This is my last post, ever.
I hope this is just another paranoid freak out. I suspect it is.
Sometimes it's difficult to accept that people can legitimately
have vastly different experiences and not be liars, isn't it?
We often hold that our own experiences are universal, that
everyone MUST be experiencing the same thing.

I look forward to your return.

Starts a thread generalizing "most" filmmakers.
Calls us liars when posting our experiences.
Generalizes "most" members here.
Complains he is sick of the thread he started.
Takes ball and goes home.

I think the problem was, he was projecting this idea of a filmmaker hating his life. He must be going through something. Hope he can get out of this rut and return.

I always thought he was an alright dude. Perhaps he'll find his way.

I'm so sick of this conversation. Joseph just needs to take some time to hang out with Joseph. Please, everyone, stop doing anything to keep me in this conversation. I want out. Please just let me out.

Edit: I'm done with this website. Best of luck to all. I've made friends with the people I want to make friends with. This is my last post, ever.
What the-? So the name Schmoseph Schmeindl in your bio is a lie? What the hell are you hiding, man?
Just kidding :)
People disagreeing with each other doesn't have to mean someone's right or wrong.
Didn't you say smell the roses & don't take things so seriously?
Relax a bit. We look forward to your return.

I think the problem was, he was projecting this idea of a filmmaker hating his life. He must be going through something. Hope he can get out of this rut and return.

You might have something there.
I hope so too.
He might've come over looking for support in the form of people agreeing with him.
But when it didn't happen it seems like he took it as a personal rejection.
Maybe I should've been more sensitive.

Last edited:
Starts a thread generalizing "most" filmmakers.
Calls us liars when posting our experiences.
Generalizes "most" members here.
Complains he is sick of the thread he started.
Takes ball and goes home.

I keep getting emails about this thread. I suppose I could go into my IT settings and change my email to something fake, which I've actually done before, but this hasn't risen to that level of drama that I need to do that yet. Key word being "yet".

Every time anyone replies to this thread I get an email notifying me of it. I live in the future, which means that every email I get interrupts the beautiful music I was listening to. So just stop responding to this thread. I want out. How can I make that any more clear?

Stop acting cray or I'm gonna throw a beer can at you.

You can unsubscribe for this thread. :)

I keep getting emails about this thread. I suppose I could go into my IT settings and change my email to something fake, which I've actually done before, but this hasn't risen to that level of drama that I need to do that yet. Key word being "yet".

Every time anyone replies to this thread I get an email notifying me of it. I live in the future, which means that every email I get interrupts the beautiful music I was listening to. So just stop responding to this thread. I want out. How can I make that any more clear?
All you need to do is unsubscribe.

I knew you couldn't stay away for too long!

Back