• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Commercial I did for a friend

My buddy works at an RV company and knew I had some experience in filmmaking so he hired me to do some short videos for him. This is the first one. He did the commentary and I recorded the footage myself. I edited the video with premiere and some after effects. Some things I already know I should work on is lighting. I didn't have any lights when I shot this one but I've recently purchased a few and will be using them from now on. I'm also going to be using a voice actor on the next ones to make it more professional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z52Yk1G3saY&feature=youtu.be

Any constructive criticism is appreciated.
Thanks, Sean

Also, we haven't really discussed what I'm getting payed for this, so tell me what you think it's worth.

Pretty smooth. The sounds effects tad bit high and out of sync. Very good on choosing how the track movements would go and selling the product. Well mannered effects. But mostly lighting, everything else is solid..

In the future, you should discuss payment up front and charge accordingly so no one feels slighted (you for under charging, or your buddy for getting hit by more than he expected).

A bit of grain could help smooth out the banding in your gradients.

I also felt like all the motion graphics stuff was not done well enough. When it doubt, keep it simple.

Good for you for helping your friend AND getting something for it.

Seemed like a solid commercial. Biggest criticism was that the your friend could have sounded a little more upbeat. But i've seen other commercials with that sort of voice tone, so maybe that's a preference thing. He certainly didn't do bad, although hiring a real voice actor would probably be better.

Back