A New Journey

Hello everyone. I'm completely new in that I haven't sold or published anything. Nevertheless, I've been a fine artist for decades. I majored in Art and minored in English with an M.Ed in Art Education and I have explored every discipline from visual art to acting. I'm also a veteran educator who has taught visual art for the past 20 years.

In the past 4 years I have absorbed a plethora of material regarding filmmaking--To make an extremely long story short I've written a logline, treatment, and a screenplay. It is a film based on a true story. After years of research and personal experience I have determined that my idea is a rather unique spin on a time honored tradition of storytelling that has been told from a very narrow perspective on the life of an educator.

Just within a few days of perusing this discussion board I have discovered a wealth of practical and meaningful information. I would love to explore and learn more as I feel I'm on the precipice of selling my first treatment. Thank you.

Romulus

That's a promising start for a film maker. Looking forward to the stuff. Welcome

Will this movie be about your own life?

Last edited:
That's a promising start for a film maker. Looking forward to the stuff. Welcome

Will this movie be about your own life?

Yes, the movie will be about my experiences as a teacher. Not the run of the mill stand and deliver/ Mr. Holland's Opus kind of movie where the teacher's life is uninteresting beyond putting their every fiber and being into the success of their students.

Back