Forum Rules & Accounts

Hello.

Listen. I hope nobody minds me posting my opinions about the forum here...I'm not trying to troll, I simply feel my opinion should be voiced.

For an indiefilm forum, I think it's horrible that we have to upgrade our account if we want to share our films. Indie film makers have enough trouble as it is getting films shown, and getting a budget together, we certainly don't need a community that's suppose to support us to hit us up for cash as well. It's so distastful in my eyes. We are here to share our low budget films with other artists...not 'pay the man.'

I'm beginning to suspect Robert Redford is involved here. Remember when Sundance was actually for indie films? Now you need at least a million dollar film to even be considered. What's the world coming to? And now we have an indiefilm forum that requires payment to post a freakin' link of our films to share?

I'm disappointed. I really am. We are struggling artists. And we should ban together...not sap each other dry of our already small pool of cash (which should be used on our next film...not for a 'friendly' indie film forum).

I do not mean to offend the moderators or the owner. I really feel my gripe is legit.

And as to not break your rules...I'll simply say: search 'Nun of That' on Youtube for a look at our recent 48hr Film Festival submission.

Thank you for your time.

Yes. But why even have a premium account section? A basic account is so limited. I think you see my point.

But thank you. I will post my film there.

Yes. But why even have a premium account section? A basic account is so limited. I think you see my point.

But thank you. I will post my film there.

So you expect moderators, founders, and everyone else to work for you for free? Everyone is a struggling artist, so why force others to struggle even more? The caliber of feedback and support on this forum is worth every penny. Can you walk onto a studio lot and ask a dozen questions to people working in all facets of the industry? Well, you can here, and it doesn't cost you anything.

Servers and storage cost money. If Indietalk let anyone and everyone dump stuff to their servers, they would quickly run out of space and they wouldn’t have the resources to upgrade anything.

You should feel lucky. At first, basic members weren't even allowed to post, so when I first joined your opinion would never have been heard. ;)

Hello.

Listen. I hope nobody minds me posting my opinions about the forum here...I'm not trying to troll, I simply feel my opinion should be voiced.

For an indiefilm forum, I think it's horrible that we have to upgrade our account if we want to share our films. Indie film makers have enough trouble as it is getting films shown, and getting a budget together, we certainly don't need a community that's suppose to support us to hit us up for cash as well. It's so distastful in my eyes. We are here to share our low budget films with other artists...not 'pay the man.'

I'm beginning to suspect Robert Redford is involved here. Remember when Sundance was actually for indie films? Now you need at least a million dollar film to even be considered. What's the world coming to? And now we have an indiefilm forum that requires payment to post a freakin' link of our films to share?

I'm disappointed. I really am. We are struggling artists. And we should ban together...not sap each other dry of our already small pool of cash (which should be used on our next film...not for a 'friendly' indie film forum).

I do not mean to offend the moderators or the owner. I really feel my gripe is legit.

And as to not break your rules...I'll simply say: search 'Nun of That' on Youtube for a look at our recent 48hr Film Festival submission.

Thank you for your time.

No offense meant but if an Indie Filmmaker actually has a film worth showing, it's really not that difficult to get it shown.

filmy

This forum is unique in the indie film making community because it has attracted and kept some fairly high calibre film makers... whilst at the same time seems to avoid the ego driven flame wars of almost all of the other indie film forums.

My gut feeling about why that is, is that firstly that this forum is actually moderated properly and members who break the rules are banned

And secondly, the fee element seems to put off people whose main aim is to use forums to cause havok...

I've been coming here for nearly five years now... and whilst this isn't the forum I'd use to deal with technical problems... and much of the time here is devoted to helping newbies... it's still an important part of my social network.

I guess what I'm trying to say is there are up sides to the fees and restrictions... less spam, no flame wars etc etc

Agreed.

At the very least I feel like I've doubled my knowledge since I started posting/reading here. Virtually everyone who posts has struck me as intelligent and eager to offer their opinions and insights.

Should I ever finally get a damn movie off the ground and want to share it here I'll be only too happy to throw in some dollars.

There. I'm done coming off like a total kiss-ass.

i agree with vp turner...i have asked so many questions and every body was mind blowing. replied with great consideration. they have teached alot to me which i think no one on earth could tell me free of cost if i went to any studio or pro house.

remmebr one rule everything cannot come for free.

look here you can get a lot for free.if you want list of sales agents.want guidence to whm you should sell your movie....if you are having a contract paste its copy here to get guidense that should i make this deal or not........and there is a lot more coming free...........i think we should be happy for that...........

i rank indietalk.com the best forum on internet....

i have mentioned it on my blog too.........

I love indietalk and its members..........

i believe there should be an award for the members and indietalk.com as they help us free of cost.. people like me who live in Pakistan where 1 dollar = 70 PKR.......its a blessing that i am a member of indietalk.com free of cost........and gaining lot of info....

Last edited:
$25/year is significantly cheaper than what it costs to produce a film, and is less than a large number of festival entry fees -- and in the case of the festivals, there's no guarantee that you'll get in even though you just shelled out in some cases $50 or more.. in the grand scheme of things, $25 is nothing.... and the two higher cost upgraded membership options only add the ability to upload attachments...

Most filmmaking books worth reading cost more, heck, a trip to the theater with a friend/date can cost more.

So, *scratching head* I'm not seeing how this is an issue...

Back