• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The London Ballet Company

Hi all,

Here is my second full video that i am posting, I got this gig right at the last minute, had less than 15 hours to prepare, plan and shoot.

I had 2 hours to prepare the room shooting all by myself.

Equipment used:

Canon 600d
Samyang 14mm
Manfrotto 501 head <- i use the arm on my shoulder and hold the tripod legs and sometimes the lens to provide stability
Manfrotto legs

Music was provided by the client.

from my own criticism, I would have liked more shots and more artistic camerawork, I also need to brush up on my editing as i dont feel i did a good enough job to do the dancers justice.

*note there is a slight lag for some reason but not all devices have it, the video is actually smooth so it could be youtube messing around*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTXqzitwuAM

There were some overexposed shots. I'm not sure if it was accidental or intentional, but I wasn't a fan of it. I didn't like the handheld look either. I have nothing wrong with that shaky/handheld look, but smoother movement probably would have helped further show the talent and elegant movement of the dancers. Like you said, more shots and artistic camera work would have been nice. It also seemed somewhat repetitive to me. I think it could have ended better as well. Maybe ending with a performer running at the camera, and then the credits, or maybe one of the more impressive moves in the video at the end.

I liked the music choice though. I was expecting something real nice and quiet. I'm happy that you went with something more jazzy and in your face. There were some nice shots and cuts as well.

Nice work! :cool:

There were some overexposed shots. I'm not sure if it was accidental or intentional, but I wasn't a fan of it. I didn't like the handheld look either. I have nothing wrong with that shaky/handheld look, but smoother movement probably would have helped further show the talent and elegant movement of the dancers. Like you said, more shots and artistic camera work would have been nice. It also seemed somewhat repetitive to me. I think it could have ended better as well. Maybe ending with a performer running at the camera, and then the credits, or maybe one of the more impressive moves in the video at the end.

I liked the music choice though. I was expecting something real nice and quiet. I'm happy that you went with something more jazzy and in your face. There were some nice shots and cuts as well.

Nice work! :cool:

ah i was expecting you to kiss my ass, but thanks for the comments, I'll work harder to get them smoother next time.

there was overexposure it was extremely hard to control it was only certain spots aswell, the sun was blazing in and if you ever had experience using the samyang lenses you'll know that they are shit in sunlight.

I was debating to go 50mm but went against it i decided bigger shots gave me less risk.

client was really happy what i did for them, im happy with the result also, the editing did kinda suck but its ok for me to live with and learn next time.

I wish I had a stabiliser but I dont have money for one, but If its a choice between tripod planted on the ground to me going handheld id rather go handheld its my signature and i prefer the feel and look to it.

Thanks again for the comments keep em coming, il be sure to do better next time.:yes:

Back