• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Indie Film Campaign Launched!

Typical crowdfunding problems. The rewards are so UNREWARDING.

at $15 you get a personal email from the director. who would care about this unless it was Steven Spielberg?

at $20 you get a signed poster from the cast/crew (signed by unknown names, yet again)

at $25 a page of the screenplay.... (sign ME up!)

at $50 a copy of the screenplay (which was already available at $10) and a personal letter from the same unknown director! (how this is different than an email I have no idea)

at $100 a special invitation to go watch the movie in the place it was made! (Be still my beating heart)

at $250... literally nothing different than what you've already received.

and so on and so on as the pledge is raised

People really need to do more research on successful crowdfunding techniques before they up and launch them

Last edited:
He/she may have a better chance of doing that than you getting a shot at directing a big budget feature with your FULL SAIL degree.

The day someone looks at me and says "Oh you have a degree in film? Sorry, I only hire people with no film training." I'll give you a thousand dollars.

Sorry, I only hire people with no film training."

Whoa! You expect to be HIRED to direct a film? :lol:

Most everyone here eventually come to realize that the only feature film they're going to direct is the one they produce. If they're smart, they don't have all their money tied up in school debt.

Most everyone here eventually come to realize that the only feature film they're going to direct is the one they produce. If they're smart, they don't have all their money tied up in school debt.

I agree with this. A bigshot director wouldn't waste his time writing condescending comments to a bunch of amateurs on a mildly popular filmmaking forum.

Whoa! You expect to be HIRED to direct a film? :lol:

Then your point is mute? I have no intentions of directing a big budget feature that I'd also produce? I only produce and direct my own low budget material.

My original comment also said nothing about getting hired to direct. I'm a Colorist. On set I only apply to do Grip & Electric work. Seldomly people ask me to Direct or DP on their indie stuff, I do it. I've never applied to direct anything.

Also... as I've told you many times before, I have no student debt. Add that to the fact I'm from a blue collar family... I have the ability to make a big budget feature and direct it myself if I wanted, but again, I have no interest in that.

I agree with this. A bigshot director wouldn't waste his time writing condescending comments to a bunch of amateurs on a mildly popular filmmaking forum.

I'm confused by this statement completely. I don't think anyone here has ever claimed to be a bigshot director? As for writing condescending comments... the only condescending comments I see in this threads are those by GuerrillaAngel towards me.

Last edited:
Back