• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch SACRILEGE - 'SHORT FILM TRAILER'

How you doing guys, this is a trailer and info for a short film i recently made called 'Sacrilege' which is currently entered into a few film festivals. It's all locked and finalized so no room for changes but would still like to share within the Indytalk community for viewing.

-------------

The trailer for a British short film Written & Directed by Daniel Alexander.

The film will be available to view online at visionairemediagroup.com on November 7th 2009

Synopsis
At the untimely demise of his older brother, Imari is thrown into a world of violence and crime and has to quickly learn that revenge may be his only way out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TzB-P2OaoUk&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TzB-P2OaoUk&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Nice trailer. Obviously a little higher in budget then the rest of us...but that's OK...kudos, it looks well done.

Daniel Alexander....IN....Bald Assassin. I'm just kidding. He's a good tough guy.

Thanks and lol @ bold assassin. The actual budget for the whole production was zero, well i did fork out for food for the actors but that was the least i could do. Everything else was done on finding creative ways to get what was necessary for free and i dare say it worked :)

Thanks and lol @ bold assassin. The actual budget for the whole production was zero, well i did fork out for food for the actors but that was the least i could do. Everything else was done on finding creative ways to get what was necessary for free and i dare say it worked :)

Everything here was free? Ummmm....whuuu?

So...you are the real Daniel Alexander? You starred in and produced the movie? You own all the equipment or know people that do? You didn't have to pay for a single location? You didn't have to travel to any locations?

That's incredible that you put together such a professional looking movie on a micro (no) budget. I'm in awe. Would you mind telling us what camera you used?

Hey...I'll work on your next project for food and a couch to sleep on...you obviously have some great resources and talent at your fingertips.

Cheers.

Last edited:
All the equipment i own, the star of the movie is a guy called 'George McCluskey' who is an extremely talented actor. But yeh, we shot using a sony ex1 and luckily all the locations were situated in the same area which meant they were literally walking distance from each other. It all worked out pretty well to be honest but it was fun figuring out creative ways to get what we want on practically no budget, it opened my eyes to more possibilities on future productions.

Oh and yeh I'm the real Daniel Alexander :)

Oh...I thought Daniel Alexander was the actor George McLCluskey. The way the name comes up in your trailer, it looks like you're pushing your name actor. If you are Daniel Alexander, then you might want to say:

A Film by Daniel Alexander

Heck I don't know. Regardless, you've done extremely well with a micro budget--the lighting looks great, the camera work is awesome, the editing is solid.

Nice work.

Nice quality. Looks like a good production for no budget.

I thought the editing was decent, but what killed it were 3 things;

-The 10 second long MPAA rating (which is actually copyright infringement)
-The sfx were good but the 'shattering' sfx were a bit cheesy
-The running and cutting was a bit weird, especially since you used the running shot earlier on in the trailer.

Still looks nice.

Nice quality. Looks like a good production for no budget.

I thought the editing was decent, but what killed it were 3 things;

-The 10 second long MPAA rating (which is actually copyright infringement)
-The sfx were good but the 'shattering' sfx were a bit cheesy
-The running and cutting was a bit weird, especially since you used the running shot earlier on in the trailer.

Still looks nice.

I agree I thought it was a real hollywood movie, until I saw your comment.

Great looking movie by the way, the trailer though should talk more about the actual story line, instead of cut scenes just running through. So far all I know is it's about an assassin by the looks of it.

I have to be honest, it looks nice, but I have no idea what the story is about from that trailer. It looks pretty cliched to me from that trailer, all gangster posturing and guns

Also, I have to say, how can you call the movie no-budget when you filmed it with a sony ex1?

That in itself is a very expensive camera which I assume was purchased with the intention of making films with it. I understand that the camera was probably not purchased for this film alone, but that is an expensive piece of kit as far as i am aware.

A very expensive piece yes, but if budget is determined on the price of the equipment one already owns then i guess the term 'no budget' doesn't really exist seeing as to make a movie you will inevitably use some form of camera thus attaching some form of price to a movie. but to simplify this, other than food no money was spent for this film :)

The other comments i appreciate and glad there has been some creative criticism, thanks for taking the time to check it out. The entire project was just for fun and we all enjoyed making it (our first film) and hopefully can take some of these comments on board to hit even harder next time :) Thanks guys

Back