Need tips on social media distribution; for youtube in particular.

I've just released a short film called Sun in the Night and I'm wondering what everyone believes to be the best way to get as many people to view it as possible online.

At the moment I am purely looking for comments, and advice on my filmmaking and am not interested in financial gain. I just wish for the film I've been working on for months to be seen by as many people as possible.

Looking forward to everyones comments!

Connor

Sun in the Night - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GliCsyPk8tQ

If you're willing to spend some money, youtube promoted videos can bring in a lot of views. It'll basically put your video at the top or side of search results as a promoted video for searches that match the keywords you choose. The cost will depend on the particular keywords - more popular ones will cost more because you are competing against others who are paying for the same keywords. You can run as low as 1 cent per view though, so if you've got relevant keywords that don't have a lot of competition it's possible to bring in a few thousand views for less than $50. Additionally, as people click on your videos for those keywords it seems to boost your rankings in regular search as well, as it tells youtube that your video is relevant to people searching for those terms - so it can continue to bring in additional views even after you end the promoted campaign.

Back