• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch MOUSE GREY - The Echo In My Mind

Here's the landing page for the new music video I put together for the indie rock trio MOUSE GREY.

http://www.flickerpictures.com/mousegrey.htm

mgecho1.jpg

This is a soft launch so the video is password protected until Tuesday when we go full tilt boogie, or until I get word from the band to let 'er rip.

If you'd like to give it a look, PM me and I'll reply back with the secret info. ;)

Later,

Jeff

I didn't this this would be the case, but the YouTube version is better quality than the vimeo version...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQaskipdiZY

Has there ever been talk of adding an embed feature for vimeo clips?

Nice work, Jeff. If you don't mind revealing, how did you manage the effects during the beginning and end sequences? They fit the mood perfectly.

Hey Rob. The footage was from this New Year's bonfire back in New Hampshire. I used the MIRROR effect and adjusted accordingly. The symmetry helped with the "echo" theme throughout the piece.

Thanks for watching. :)

Next video for MG will all be in HD!

Wow! I think this is a perfect example of form following function....imagery really reflects the soundscape. They wanted a retro feel and you provided it. I see sparkler Rorschachs, Super-8 hand colored, pieces of Metallica's Sandman, and a healthy homage to the experiments of Nam June Paik. Really, REALLY love the swish pans across lanes to on-coming cars and fast cuts to the sparkler Rorschachs. I think you did a great job, Jeff! I'm sure this band loves this piece.

Wow! I think this is a perfect example of form following function....imagery really reflects the soundscape. They wanted a retro feel and you provided it. I see sparkler Rorschachs, Super-8 hand colored, pieces of Metallica's Sandman, and a healthy homage to the experiments of Nam June Paik. Really, REALLY love the swish pans across lanes to on-coming cars and fast cuts to the sparkler Rorschachs. I think you did a great job, Jeff! I'm sure this band loves this piece.

Thank you, Bird. :D Now I'll have to check out some work by Nam June Paik. Maybe I've already seen some before...?

Yes, the mirror effect does lend itself to a Rorschach test, doesn't it? Maybe somehow that was working in my subconscious while editing. When I was brainstorming motifs for the song's lyrics, I came upon the psychological disorder echopraxia, which I found useful.

The idea behind the turning into the cars was the "there's no end in sight, there's no clear path in sight" bits from the song, almost like the only way to get the echo out of my head is to end it all.

Here are the lyrics for "Echo"

There's no clear path in sight
I find myself dreaming of night
Dreaming with this night
And if it were true
I run the replays of you
All because of you

The echoes in my mind
They ring
All the time
I want all of this
To come to an end

Won't love shine down?
Instead it cast a shadow on me
The shadows of me
The echo in my mind
It rings, it rings so true

The echoes in my mind
They ring
All the time
I want all of this
To come to an end

Living with no end
I try to make sense
I dream only of
The end in sight

The echoes in my mind
They ring all the time
They ring, they ring so true
And I am still right here
I am still right here with you
Right here
With you!

The echoes in my mind
They ring
All the time
I want all of this
To come to an end

Living with no end
I try to make sense
I dream only of
The end in sight

Here's a tri-fold presentation (48" wide x 36" tall) I designed for the MOUSE GREY merch table tonight. Just hope it fits on the table.

picture.php

The DVD player will have the looped music video playing. The poster features stills from the video.

neat lo-fi sound, that drummer must have roots in progressive metal.. hes doing more then the rest of the band put together! (thats not a criticism, just an observation)

Video made me feel like I maybe got ergot spores on my jiffy peanut and jelly sandwich bread!

ergot spores. hahah! awesome. I'll take that as a compliment, wheat. ;)

per the drummer. yeah. he is unreal, definitely some speed metal double-bass roots there. and he's as talented on guitar and vocals as well.

SharpCuts: Indie Film and Music Festival 2011

Just got word that the "Echo In My Mind" music video is an official selection at this year's SharpCuts: Indie Film and Music Festival

http://www.sharpcuts.ca/

In 2011, SharpCuts returns for its fifth year as a staple festival in Guelph, Ontario, and surrounding area. The event is an epicenter for local, national, and international indie musicians and filmmakers to convene in appreciation of their craft. Annual highlights include a Fright Night, Saturday Short Sets, a Comedy Kick-off event, an evening of musical free-styling as well as the Filmmaker Gala and Awards Banquet. New this year, the roster will also include a night devoted to filmmakers delving into the exploding world of Web Series production. Previously, SharpCuts has hosted illustrious Canadian talent such as musician Jeff Bird (Cowboy Junkies) and actors Art Hindle (Beverly Hills 90210, ENG, Paradise Falls and Canadian Case File) and Laura Bertram (Ready or Not, Andromeda, Robson Arms).​

Program details forthcoming.

Sweet!

You sure it's gonna be screening? That's really close by.

'Grats!

Edit: Yup, it's screening. Doesn't say which day, though.

Last edited:
Great video, some really nifty editing going on there, and as Bird said, it's a nice compliation and "fits" the music quite well I think!

Well done! Love the trifold as well, pretty cool stuff! :)

Back