• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch THE HOST - horror short film

Hey everybody,

together with my little team I created a horror short film called "The Host".

After our first and very successfully horror short "The Whistle" we started with a new idea.
We decided to create a short film in a confined space. We focused on a good camera movement, lights, the post production and especially the sound design. Bit by bit, we want to improve our techniques

We put in a lot of work for the sound design and the post production. I hope you enjoy watching our second short film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6nNjy35zd8

We focused on a good camera movement, lights, the post production and especially the sound design. Bit by bit, we want to improve our techniques

I would say you succeeded, as all that was pretty slick. Very good transitions (floor to ceiling boom) and creepy glimpses of the host. Story-wise, I would have liked to see more motivation, such as the players upsetting the host. I would have liked to see a segue from the game or console to the manifestation of the host in the dark hallway, like a flickering screen or power surge; something that makes a connection for the viewer.

For your second short movie, you sure have displayed a superior talent. Great job.

Long dark corridor and light at the end of it. Exceptionally beautiful. Hmm, beauty in horror. Good start, boys.

I would say you succeeded, as all that was pretty slick. Very good transitions (floor to ceiling boom) and creepy glimpses of the host. Story-wise, I would have liked to see more motivation, such as the players upsetting the host. I would have liked to see a segue from the game or console to the manifestation of the host in the dark hallway, like a flickering screen or power surge; something that makes a connection for the viewer.

For your second short movie, you sure have displayed a superior talent. Great job.

Many thanks for the praise!
I totally agree with you, the story is still expandable, thanks for your constructive criticism. We have learned a lot again with this little project and we will use the experience we have gained with it for the next projects.

Back