Anyone wants to meet an aspiring mogul?

I'm overworked, so I need a weekend off.

Does anyone want to meet me in LA next week? I'd be especially interested in meeting anyone who wants to talk shop, especially about my (ahem) work. :)

Man, of all the weeks to pick. :no:

I'm off shooting our latest lo-budget comedy-horror film for that entire stretch. Maybe some other time. :)

That's why I asked. It's been sold out for ten months. Thought you
were one of the few who got a ticket.

I am here now, available for meetings. Please advise Jane Fonda that I will not give her my autograph or allow her to appear in my sci-fi films - I'd rather make Summer Glau the star than have Hanoi Jane. :D

Dang, I'd totally hire Ms Fonda, if she were right for the role. :weird:

Back in town today; hope your week was productive & informative. :)

This was a very productive visit. I met with an executive who was vice president of a major company as well as Louise Levison and others. I don't know if I can give details of the information, but here's the gist.

1) Yes, no one knows anything.
2) Film is a lottery, and, while you can score big, you must be prepared to lose your entire investment, and, if you can't afford that, don't play roulette.
3) LA remains key - you don't need to go to LA to get a job, but, to hit it worldwide, you have to have a presence in the City of Angels.
4) Last, but certainly not least, I spoke to lawyers who confirmed what I know, that there must be appropriate legal safeguards - to do without these would be to make the mistakes so many clients have made.

There is much, much more, but I've only scratched the surface. I will say one last thing - for a sci-fi flick, special effects are key, and my question now is how important they are, because they are expensive.

That said, I will soon be prepared to start filming shorts, to begin the next phase of my goal.

Back