• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch DEPART FROM ME (sci-fi)

When Scientist Peter or Paul looks away from his instrument panel, for example, I couldn't help but interpret that as though maybe there were concerns going on in his head besides algorithms

I got that feeling as well. Also, when the patient and the head doctor meet face to face, I couldn't help but feel like they had some sort of history together. Or if you really want to get crazy with it... maybe the patient is the doctor's mutant daughter and she's trying to "save" her... or kill her?

I also want to point out that the title of the piece really says a lot about what's going on. It's almost poetic in a way.

Thanks Richy. The only thing that sucks about filming in suburbia is the neighbors are always snooping around. They will stop by, drink their beer and watch and I'm not comfortable with that, so I ended up closing off the set with tarps so nobody could see in. We usually filmed from 6pm-4am. We couldn't close the garage because the set pieces wouldn't allow it. So we had to be really quiet. When we were filming there was A LOT of joking around and we get kinda noisy. It's kinda hard to keep quite. We had the cops called on us a couple times and the cops are like "what in the world is going on here." It's always funny seeing peoples reactions.

I'm going to try and post some more stuff about the making of the film in the next couple days. If there's anything in particular that you would like to hear about, let me know and i'll try and post a detailed entry. One thing I'm going to do is have the composer talk about creating the score (which was super important), and I'm also going to talk about equipment and such. I know when I was making Depart From Me, I was always looking for answers to questions I had, but it was really hard to find. I'm always looking for videos or blogs that talk about lighting. When I see a shot in a film that is interesting I always want to know how they lit it. So i'm going to try to post something about that too. I don't have many photos of the lights or in action, but i'll figure out something.

Back