SmallHD DP-6 Review

I purchased the DP-6 a few weeks ago and wrote a review about it on my personal website. Heres's an excerpt:

I recently purchased a SmallHD DP6 LCD Monitor, and have been very impressed so far! I shoot footage primarily with a Canon 7D DSLR, and my biggest critique is its immovable LCD. The small LCD makes hitting critical focus points and exposure a nightmare. An external monitor solves these short comings. DSLR’s have taken the industry by storm over the last year and their advantages, in my opinion, are far worth their negative points. A decent monitor solves these problems. However, when it comes to external LCD’s there are many to choose from. It took me a few weeks of research before I settled on the SmallHD DP-6. Marshall makes a great 7″ monitor (V-LCD70XP-HDMI) with HDMI input along with the ability touse just about any battery mount. Ikan makes a great budget monitor as well. For me, the two factors that were most important were resolution, and build quality. I needed high enough resolution in my monitor to “spot check” that my focus was on. The Marshall just didn’t have the resolution, however it did have false color and the build quality. I did like the idea of false color, but it was not a game changer. Honestly, the final straw came down to price and belief.

Click Here for more

Anyways, I was curious to hear anyone else's opinion of the monitor...

Feel free to chime in!

Back