• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Irene - Short film - GH4

Nice color correction. Very impressive that this was done using a the GH4. very fluent movements. Did you use 4K ore HD? The only thing where you can see is the rolling shutter effect in the car. Very good.

Nice color correction. Very impressive that this was done using a the GH4. very fluent movements. Did you use 4K ore HD? The only thing where you can see is the rolling shutter effect in the car. Very good.

Hey, thanks so much for watching. Really appreciate it. It was shot in 4K V-Log. Interesting that you pointed out the roller shutter. I've never paid much attention to it or noticed it, but I know I should :)

I dont know how to prevent the rolling shutter. Drive more slowly? Its very impressive. A lot pf people want a 80.000 Red camera to make there first Netflix movie. You proved that with a GH4 you can do the same... how did you do the sound in the car? Sound studio in post?

I dont know how to prevent the rolling shutter. Drive more slowly? Its very impressive. A lot pf people want a 80.000 Red camera to make there first Netflix movie. You proved that with a GH4 you can do the same... how did you do the sound in the car? Sound studio in post?

Hi, usually, rolling shutter is when you move the camera from left to right etc. I haven't seen it much with the driving. anyway, yes I did record sound while driving, but because we did some ADR on some scenes, I decided to do most of the film, so it was recorded later in a kitchen ;)

I agree. It's not really the camera, although it helps, it is what you do with the camera etc. Most important I think too few filmmakers focus on story and working with actors, and instead focus on pixels, camera data, etc. I think the GH5/GH5s can match the big cameras if you mess around with them enough during the shoot, with right lenses and then later in post.

Last edited:
Nice! +1 on the color correction, it looks gorgeous.
I think sound is good, some EQ work to control some resonance on dialogue would improve it greatly but it isn't bad IMHO!

Nice! +1 on the color correction, it looks gorgeous.
I think sound is good, some EQ work to control some resonance on dialogue would improve it greatly but it isn't bad IMHO!

THANKS FOR WATCHING!! Super appreciate it.

I agree. I ended up doing the ADR in an open kitchen, and the actors were a bit too far from the mic, which I didn't realize until I got back, so I tried to limit the amount of the hollowness with RX5. If you hear the before and after you'll definitely hear a big difference, however, I think it could be better but would require new ADR session.

Good work buddy. I did the sound post production on a dialogue heavy film on a moving bus. Was a killer. Had to ADR the whole thing so I know the pain you went through!

Good job. Enjoyed it.

Good work buddy. I did the sound post production on a dialogue heavy film on a moving bus. Was a killer. Had to ADR the whole thing so I know the pain you went through!

Good job. Enjoyed it.

Thanks, I know you understand post sound can be tedious and a pain, but if the results are good, it can improve a film a lot.

All the car stuff I had to do in post, ADR, sound design etc, but it worked okay in the end. I prefer using location sound, but you don't always get that luxury as an option

Thanks for watching. Really appreciate it.

Back