will compose music for your production

I'm mainly looking for experience, so I will not be expensive at all whatsoever. I am very diverse in my writing styles. I write orchestral, rock, metal, electronic, and pretty much everything in between. I play guitar, bass and piano, and have a variety of virtual instruments to cover anything else. I use top quality orchestral software called East West Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra, Native instrument's Komplete, and an assortment of other programs. I also arrange in the full version of Cubase 6. This is most likely meaningless to directors, but my point is that I have a large assortment of tools to create and tailor music to how you want it.

I am very flexible and easy to work with and will listen and take your input in to consideration. In fact I would much rather have your input. I want your film to turn out how you want it, so just tell me what kind of sound you would want, and even provide examples of what you would want, and I will go off of that.

here are a few links to examples of my work:

Orchestral: http://soundcloud.com/miclainkeith/dark-orcestral-score-1

Orchestral: http://soundcloud.com/miclainkeith/unnamed-rhapsody-final

Modern Rock/Metal: http://soundcloud.com/miclainkeith/more-djenty-type-stuff

Electronic/Rock: http://soundcloud.com/miclainkeith/toxic

And there are many more to come. Hopefully in your next production.

contact me at: miclainkeithcomposition@gmail.com

Last edited:
Hey Miclain! You've got a lot of potential! There's some good stuff going on with your music.. Varied and modern, which is a good thing.

If I may be so bold, I'd suggest relaxing your reverb... Don't get me wrong.. Reverb is good. It's our friend... but too much will make your track unusable because a music editor won't be able to cut and paste around the echoes... I think excess reverb is cool for special effects and some particular situations -- just be careful when you post demos with too much because it will usually turn off the music sup. :)

I didn't get to listen to every track -- but on the 3-4 that I did, I'd also recommend making use of some dynamics. Nearly everything was super intense -- again, it's cool like that sometimes.. but it's good to drop it back for 4-8 bars, THEN, when you come back in full-force, it's even more powerful.

Just my 2.3 cents. Keep it up man!!
Patrick

PatrickAThompson.com

Hey Miclain! You've got a lot of potential! There's some good stuff going on with your music.. Varied and modern, which is a good thing.

If I may be so bold, I'd suggest relaxing your reverb... Don't get me wrong.. Reverb is good. It's our friend... but too much will make your track unusable because a music editor won't be able to cut and paste around the echoes... I think excess reverb is cool for special effects and some particular situations -- just be careful when you post demos with too much because it will usually turn off the music sup. :)

I didn't get to listen to every track -- but on the 3-4 that I did, I'd also recommend making use of some dynamics. Nearly everything was super intense -- again, it's cool like that sometimes.. but it's good to drop it back for 4-8 bars, THEN, when you come back in full-force, it's even more powerful.

Just my 2.3 cents. Keep it up man!!
Patrick

PatrickAThompson.com

Thanks a lot for your input! I'm still learning, so every little bit helps. Heck, I'm not even out of high school yet, so it's still a giant learning experience. However, I am working on a few things that are implementing the ideas that you mentioned. all of those tracks except the dark film score are at least 2 months old. Still no excuse for being sloppy with effects like reverb and addition of dynamics. So again, thank you very much! I will definitely work to get better sounding demos with your advice in mind.

And that, sir, is the mark of a professional -- constantly learning and trying to improve. I applaud you and your continued efforts. Keep it up!

Back