• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "Low Budget" a comedy about indie filmmaking

I wanted to see if anyone had any advice for self-distribution online. We are planning on releasing an abridged version of our feature film online in episodes.
Don't forget to stick a trailer and possibly a scene release on YouTube.
Use ccnow.com to process DVD orders via your website.
Depending on who your audience is you can lure people to your home movie site from other web pages. Example: Create a site with nude celebrities and have lots of links to your movie page. I created a similar page that has generated over 300,000 hits. I've generated over 100,000 hits using other spam sites.

jjonasz i have 2 questions from you please guide me. As you said there is a code for indietalk members which will help them getting a copy in less price. I wanted to know you specially contacted any software engineer type guy to build the site like this? or is it something easy to do?

2nd question is as you are constantly posting EPI1 , then 2 then 3.so is it a feature film?? or episodes?? i am little confused...:( so kindly guide me...

Blade i have a question from you also

As you said Blade
Depending on who your audience is you can lure people to your home movie site from other web pages. Example: Create a site with nude celebrities and have lots of links to your movie page. I created a similar page that has generated over 300,000 hits. I've generated over 100,000 hits using other spam sites.

Can you please guide me this statment in little more detail please? I mean for instance if i have a movie which is a suspence horror. Then what will i do? still i need nude celebrities?? Secondly how this networking works when you said
Depending on who your audience is you can lure people to your home movie site from other web pages

I know this thing might get into IT field but i hope you will not mind teaching me this thing.

Regards

Last edited:
jjonasz i have 2 questions from you please guide me. As you said there is a code for indietalk members which will help them getting a copy in less price. I wanted to know you specially contacted any software engineer type guy to build the site like this? or is it something easy to do?

2nd question is as you are constantly posting EPI1 , then 2 then 3.so is it a feature film?? or episodes?? i am little confused...:( so kindly guide me...

The way that I did the code was through PayPal, although you can't easily have discounts for PayPal shopping carts you can get notes from the buyer where they can enter in a code and then refund the difference to the buyer, which is what we do.

Yes, this is a feature film (80 mins long) but for the internet and type of release we wanted to do, we are showing it in 5-7 minute segments, or episodes to build an audience.

Hope that helps!

jjonasz Thanks for the reply buddy. Now waiting for Blade_Jones to reply :)

But looks like he is too busy these days...:D

Hey everyone, part 7 "Special Effects" is now up :)

We did these on After Effects, it's fun to make graphics when you don't have to take them seriously and can just go overboard.

Vote for us on Digg if you like the show, we need all the help we can get to spread the word. You can now use your Facebook account to log into Digg, so it's super easy.

http://digg.com/d1rPQj

xlynur.jpg

Okay, last episode of "Low Budget" is now up on Koldcast.tv, thank you everyone for watching and supporting the film/series. Help us spread the word about the series and repost the link or twitter it.

-JJ
http://www.LowBudgetComedy.com

Back