Indietalk Perfect Sandwich

Ok, leave and never come back.

j/k!

I have ur recipe, any directions for it?

@Everyone: Let's get some more categories in here guys! Where are the actors, actresses, composers, editors, sound guys...?

You mustard be joking?

:P

My scrawny concotion won't stand a chance against these bohemoths. I've witnessed first hand, a homeless man refuse a marmite sandwich.

It's not to be.

You mustard be joking?

:P

My scrawny concotion won't stand a chance against these bohemoths. I've witnessed first hand, a homeless man refuse a marmite sandwich.

It's not to be.

:lol:

And u never know. Remember, ive lived in a lot of different countries in my life, England being one of them. My palate is accustomed to and appreciates all tastes :)

Im going to divide up the sandwiches by categories and start trying them one by one soon :)

Meanwhile, lets get some other categories in. Actors, actresses, composers, sound editors, editors... where are you guys???

It'll be a very short ebook without u all! Join in guys! :)

Thanks, CF!

Still hoping for more input here everyone!

But fear not, faithful sandwich lovers and recipe submitters, we'll figure out another system and carry on incase there is no more input.

To all who submitted:

I havent forgotten about this. Still looking for more categories. But if that does not happen, we will move on and develop another system for all the entries here.

Is a cheese burger a sandwich? I am thinking my favorite is Chili Cheese Burger. I also really like Philly Cheese Stake sandwiches.

I like to make my own chilli from McCormick's chilli mix. I normally don't completely follow the instruction though. I like to use a different ratio of beans to meat. But just follow the instructions and it will be close enough. One thing I normally do in the chilli is use some stewed tomatos. I like Chilli with kidney beans in it versus what most coney places do with the meat only chilli.

I like to use lean meat for the Chilli. But when I make the patties for the burger I will use fattier because it tastes better.

Once I put it together I like to use Shredded Cheddar Cheese on it.

Now you can add diced onions if you got them on top. Options You may want to add bacon too or sourcream.

Of course you should fry the bun some with some butter on the bottom of the bun before you put the burger together.

director

Last edited:
Mmmmmburgers. Sounds awesome!

I like to use lean meat for the Chilli. But when I make the patties for the burger I will use fattier because it takes better.

Right there with you; fatty meat for a buger. It might be overkill since you're adding chilli on top, but if you're ever doing just regular burgers, some chilli powder and garlic powder mixed in with the meat, before you make patties goes a long way! And not relevant if you're grilling, but if you're pan frying the burgers, a little bit of olive oil in the pan to get it started (eventually they'll be frying in the fat from the meat). VERY yummy.

And as an aside, after the discussion about mayo in another thread? My girlfriend whipped me up some fresh mayo. She rocks.

I'll give this a shot :)

Ham and Pickle Sandwich-simple really, sliced pickle, cooked ham, mayo, bread of your choice :) I usually put mayo on both slices, lay ham slice, top with sliced pickles (Polski Orgorki work best IMO)

I've lost count of how many people have said "that's disgusting!" but they've actually tried it and liked it ;)

As for my cast listing: Mask and Makeup effects :D

Hey everyone!

Been a little while. My apologies, i was quite busy. I did mention in the first post that that may happen, however sooner or later i would do this and honour all the ppl who entered. My schedule is less hectic now and i think nows the time to get this going!

I think we've gotten all the entries we're going to get. Unfortunately there are not enough to satisfy the original plan for evaluation. Many major categories are missing and some categories have only one entry each which would end up winning by default.

I think we need to come up with a new system for the entries we already have.

Im thinking about it and would love any suggestions and ideas you guys/gals can offer :)

Ha! Toast sandwich! How brilliantly meta! I'm definitely seeing possibilities for variations there too (toast from a different sort of bread than the sandwich, different seasonings, etc), without getting too stone soup with it.

As for what to do with the sandwiches, maybe just rate them in categories, and use the filmmaking jobs as part of the descriptions?

Are you filming yourself making/consuming the sandwiches? You absolutely should be!

Toast sandwich :lol:

Thanks, Josh. That sounds like a feasible idea.

Im not going to be filming myself but i will be photographing the sandwiches :)
Im camera shy. In fact it took a lot for me to post one of my old photos as an avatar here. Trying to be more open and personal online but like someone recently told me, "Baby steps..."

Anyone else have any other ideas for a system to sort out these sandwiches?

The Monte Cristo.

Recipe from food.com. Yummy yummy

2 slices bread (I use challah)
1 teaspoon honey dijon mustard
2 slices thin deli sliced swiss cheese
2 slices thin deli ham
2 slices thin deli sliced turkey (I like smoked)
3/4 large eggs
1/2 tablespoon flour
1/4 tablespoon melted butter
1/16 teaspoon salt
1/16 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 tablespoon milk (low fat to try to keep it low in fat!)
1/4 to taste powdered sugar , for dusting
1/4 to taste raspberry preserves , for dipping

Directions:

1.Heat oven to 425°F.
2.Lightly butter a baking sheet pan. I use the spray.
3.Spread 1/2 teaspoon mustard on each slice of bread.
4.Layer between mustard sides of two slices of bread, 1 slice cheese, 2 slices ham, 2 slices turkey, and another slice of cheese.
5.Repeat to make four sandwiches. Whisk eggs, flour, butter, salt and pepper in a shallow dish until smooth.
6.Blend in milk.
7.DIP both sides of sandwiches into egg mixture until bread is lightly soaked.
8.Place on baking sheet; drizzle any remaining egg mixture over top of sandwiches.
9.Bake 8-10 minutes until bottom is golden brown.
10.Turn with wide spatula and continue baking 8-10 minutes or until second side is golden brown.
11.Serve warm dusted with powdered sugar and dip or spread raspberry preserves on sandwiches.
12.Garnish with fresh raspberries.

For a nice change, mix the preserves with yogurt.

Director.

I guess I'm mostly a writer these days but I still compose some times:

1. Whole Wheat or some form of Wheat bread with nuts and other tasty organic shit.
2. Spread a moderate layer of REAL mayo on one piece of bread.
3. slice Avocado* into roughly quarter inch/10mm slices.
4. place Avo on mayo'd bread and give a moderate coating of Garlic Powder, Salt, and Black Pepper.
5. Add Lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber, and/or sprouts to taste.
6. A bit of feta cheese on it ain't bad too.

*Avocado selection is PARAMOUNT. Bad Avos taste like ass no matter what you do with them.
At the store you want to squeeze the Avo. It should be firm with slight give. Unfortunately that doesn't gaurantee a good Avo. You don't know that for sure until you open it up. :/
But when you do it should be predominantly yellow with green edges, it should be completely smooth with no visual imperfections.
If there is water on the surface, if there are vains running through it, if the skin is loose around the meat of the fruit, if it's too firm, soft, or discolored in anyway there's a good chance it's going to taste like ass. So try to avoid that - cause ass doesn't often taste good. (I suppose there are exceptions, but I'm not exactly an expert on the subject.)

Alternate Recipe:
1. Coat Avo with a reasonable application of salt, garlic powder, and black or cyan pepper.
2. Throw away rest of ingredients and eat with spoon or fork strait out of the skin.

Last edited:
Alternate Recipe:
1. Coat Avo with a reasonable application of salt, garlic powder, and black or cyan pepper.
2. Throw away rest of ingredients and eat with spoon or fork strait out of the skin.

I am all in favor of this one!

Dude! I did not know you where going to do somehting with all these sandwiches!
I'd love to lend a hand, if you need/want help.

Thanks! Your profession?

I forgot to say!
Right now, I'm studying engineering, but I want to be a director/writer. Actually, I want to be a"One man crew" alla Robert Rodriguez. You know, be involved in pretty much everything.

Last edited:
Back