That's what it's all about :(

I also know it took enormous pressure to get the Obama administration to agree to act (along with NATO) in Libya, and then ONLY when time had all but run out. That's not exactly the profile of a nation (or government) bound and determined to protect its vital economic "interests" exclusively.

There are more currents, deep currents, at play here than just "black gold." The West had a stable oil partner in Gaddafi, a partner more than willing to provide a steady flow at a reasonable price. There was no reason to upset the apple cart for oil.

Yes, there are more currents involved which we know nothing about.

However, just as a note, I know quite a few Libyans and they told me the US had forces in Libya on the ground from the start. They had the impression that the US was deliberately intervening in a very slow way, almost as if they were taking the time to get to know the factions involved in overthrowing Gadaffi.

The overwhelming feeling from the Libyans I was talking to was that the US was concerned about replacing Gadaffi with a government which would be extremely hostile to US interests such as a radical Islamic government.

Therefore, my Libyan friends told me they believed the US slowed down their assistance to the rebels until they could figure out which factions were pro-US and anti-US. I think this is quite a sensible approach and my Arabic friends surprisingly agreed with that. Even more surprisingly, the French 'diplomats' I met in the region believe this is US policy but believe it is intelligent as well. This was a first - the French agreeing with US policy...

Yes, there are more currents involved which we know nothing about.

However, just as a note, I know quite a few Libyans and they told me the US had forces in Libya on the ground from the start. They had the impression that the US was deliberately intervening in a very slow way, almost as if they were taking the time to get to know the factions involved in overthrowing Gadaffi.

The overwhelming feeling from the Libyans I was talking to was that the US was concerned about replacing Gadaffi with a government which would be extremely hostile to US interests such as a radical Islamic government.

Therefore, my Libyan friends told me they believed the US slowed down their assistance to the rebels until they could figure out which factions were pro-US and anti-US. I think this is quite a sensible approach and my Arabic friends surprisingly agreed with that. Even more surprisingly, the French 'diplomats' I met in the region believe this is US policy but believe it is intelligent as well. This was a first - the French agreeing with US policy...

Sounds sensible on our part.:)

Nope that Kinglis. Indietalk is the only forum with hot babes interested in cameras, movies, and tech stuff. All those other video forums are geek parades.

Now, if only we could lure Olivia Speranza over here...
http://oliviatech.com/glideshot-portable-4-video-crane-jib

Well if thats the case, Kinglis, you beautiful creature, let me be the first(hopefully) to extend my hospitality. Should you ever find yourself lost in the big apple, please feel free to hang out at my house. Sleep, shower, whaaaaaatever you need haha, and I know you have a boyfriend which is awesome because I'm not a great cook and we'll need someone to pickup the takeout (delivery charges in NYC can be unnecessarily hefty). :P

I heard Adriana Lima wants to make movies Matt Damon so I will try to contact her through God. I call frontsies!

I think I'm gonna petition for the "finish him" to be played at every US war. I hate that so many people are dying, but I'm a realist. If America didn't establish itself as a force, we'd surely be on the receiving end. Kinglis you can talk about a happy place where people all love each other but we have too much history behind us that proves it'll never happen. And as pop. grows worldwide, there's even more people to contend with. The best we can hope, pray, beg, for is a world where people die less frequently. There's a lot of people in the world and it's hard to get them to all give something. I used to be like you Kinglis, but reality has shown me that pacifism cannot work, as humans, much like animals, function on a basic instinct, albeit more sophisticated, but still instinct. Survival of the fittest is what drives men to war.

Well, well, well. So there's a politician in every filmmaker after all.

I haven't had time to read all the input, but I can feel a certain disdain for America.

I'm a small person (literally, 5'5"). I live a small life. I am an atheist. On September 11, everybody said, "Wait, aren't you Muslim?" I was like, "Yeah... I guess." (I remained an atheist). And I love America.

I've been to a few countries, and other than my own, I wouldn't live anywhere outside North America. People are more welcoming here than anywhere else, at least in my experience (although the the Dutch and the Germans were particularly friendly to me - showed me around their town, their food, etc.)

Does American Foreign Policy Suck? Yeah! Whose doesn't? Name me a country and you can wiki somebody they subjugated at some point.

But EEEEEEEverybody loves hating America. It's a nice pastime. It's easy. You don't have to think too much. Because America is in the news all the time. Think about any other country. You'll find reasons to hate them too.

And, the Gold Standard is inefficient for today's economy.
And, I'm glad Gaddafi is gone.
And, I like Obama. He's a good face for America - intelligent, young and good looking - just like America in the movies :)

gotta run

Self interest is good. Everything we do is motivated by self interest. But that's nothing to do with our survival. The question is, what's our self interest at the moment?

Do we want to live in a society confined by the police (state)?
Do we want to live in a society breathing (chemically) poisoned air, drinking (ch) poisoned water, eating (ch) poisoned food?
Do we want to live in a society torn to pieces by religion?
Do we want to live in a society that pay young boys to go to unnecessary wars and kill, and maim themselves?
The questions are too many...
It's all a game for a few guys and we are all the sheep.

My self interest is the rest of the people to feel good and live well. That's how I will survive.

I like what Krishnamurti said when asked about the big bang (paraphrase): I don't care about the Big Bang, when SO MANY CHILDREN DIE OF HUNGER EVERY DAY.

But self interest is about survival. It's about securing power, money, and influence over others. And It's about finding a mate so he/she will carry on their genes.

But even if you help other people there's some self interest in it. Do you like being needed? The congratulatory responses, the attention etc... It's not a bad thing. It's just life.

Well, well, well. So there's a politician in every filmmaker after all.

I haven't had time to read all the input, but I can feel a certain disdain for America.

I'm a small person (literally, 5'5"). I live a small life. I am an atheist. On September 11, everybody said, "Wait, aren't you Muslim?" I was like, "Yeah... I guess." (I remained an atheist). And I love America.

I've been to a few countries, and other than my own, I wouldn't live anywhere outside North America. People are more welcoming here than anywhere else, at least in my experience (although the the Dutch and the Germans were particularly friendly to me - showed me around their town, their food, etc.)

Does American Foreign Policy Suck? Yeah! Whose doesn't? Name me a country and you can wiki somebody they subjugated at some point.

But EEEEEEEverybody loves hating America. It's a nice pastime. It's easy. You don't have to think too much. Because America is in the news all the time. Think about any other country. You'll find reasons to hate them too.

And, the Gold Standard is inefficient for today's economy.
And, I'm glad Gaddafi is gone.
And, I like Obama. He's a good face for America - intelligent, young and good looking - just like America in the movies :)

gotta run

:clap::cheers::yes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mef36R2iJk&list=FLAgDwDF5OwVisPBjgtxFiEA&index=30

:blush:

It says "video contains emi and can't be viewed in your country..."
That's the last straw, I'm moving to Bulgaria and will live with Kinglis.

What the F is emi anyway?

It says "video contains emi and can't be viewed in your country..."
That's the last straw, I'm moving to Bulgaria and will live with Kinglis.

What the F is emi anyway?

PROBABLY External Machine Interface: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMI_(protocol)

Less likely Electromagnetic Interference. Or Experimental Musical Instruments. Even less likely (but funnier), European Monetary Institute, EMI Records or (my favorite) Escape from Monkey Island!

Back