A song of my own.

Back to the original topic:

Here's a classical example of two things.
1.) Race means nothing in hip hop. Shitty rappers come in all shapes, sizes, and ethnicity. Some White rappers are good... and then there's Asher Roth.
2.) Underground destroys mainstream.

Asher Roth trying to diss Copywrite - "Silly Boy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGV44eQg7Nc&feature=related

Copywrite murdering Roth lyrically (And stealing the ashes in a shoebox) - "Cremation"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGkD0xl2sSo&playnext_from=TL&videos=7EaD15IOfmw

Get back on thread, dude.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT HIP HOP. Let it go.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT HIP HOP. Let it go.
How familiar are you with Anticon stuff? Calling some of it hip hop is a stretch, but there's a lot of good stuffs.

Oh, and Astronautalis is some good, too. He was a local folk rapper until he moved to the Northwest and started touring with Tegan and Sara. Now he's too good to play around here anymore. :grumpy:

to be precise.. i said "let hip hop die" (not that it wasn't an art form) It is an art form, one that I think society would be better off without, sorta like Disco! (yes, it will ALWAYS be here.. but one can hope!).. but thats just me..

My statement, "if this is art shoot me already" is in specific reference to TI's prose.. which if thats art, then I missed something.. I see something ART LIKE.. but not ART.. its a squishy thing.. I know..

Not only all caps shouting, but all caps, BOLD and LARGE! Now thats really loud!

to be precise.. i said "let hip hop die" (not that it wasn't an art form) It is an art form, one that I think society would be better off without, sorta like Disco! (yes, it will ALWAYS be here.. but one can hope!).. but thats just me..

My statement, "if this is art shoot me already" is in specific reference to TI's prose.. which if thats art, then I missed something.. I see something ART LIKE.. but not ART.. its a squishy thing.. I know..

Not only all caps shouting, but all caps, BOLD and LARGE! Now thats really loud!

I hear ya. Disco is whack! (Personal opinion)

I don't take offense to that. It isn't so much about art as it is about making a point and standing against fraudulent "artists" like 50 Cent. My writing isn't pretty but it's honest and my beliefs instead of something fake to try and sell albums.

WHAT? YEEEEEAAAAH? OOOOKKKKAY!!! - Lil John :lol:

Song. (Work in progress)

Another song. I'm still working on it...

Diss Me​

I don’t own a gun cause I’m too fucking poor. These simple niggas don’t understand implication of a metaphor. And this just means I’ll cause you complication with deadly force. Guns are lethal but my Cold Steel’ll have you screaming more.

Insufficient brains couldn’t touch me with diss tracks. Because I only speak the truth then you get pissed trying to spit back. I’m not from the hood, cause my parents had money, but I speak of poverty from when life took that from me. 18-year-old college student, working minimal wage, cause the fast food industry don’t give a fuck if you paid.

I got respect for the hood but some of ya’ll bitch too much actin’ like you don’t want me. Because I’d rather be broke in the ghetto then homeless in the country. Because you ain’t never walked 10 miles to work, so don’t come at me trying to prove shit with your industry t-shirt. And if you bite my style consider this my desert.
That’s another reason I’m here to fucking spit bars, some of you call yourselves homeless when you sleeping in cars. I’m not here to whine to you because I know people who got it worse than me, but fuck materialistic rappers and the industry. I’ll shit on your verse! And when you die, I’ll piss on you and shoot atcha hearse. Call the witch doctor up to find a suitable curse. So eat dirt mutha fucka! I’m not here to play games. The song’s call diss me so if you’re stupid talk some shit on my name.

I write my lyrics, I create my own track, and I’m the first mutha fucka spittin to a J.S. Bach rap! So real nigga turn up your speakers and get in tune, because Undertaker's Insomnia is coming to a hood near you soon! Next up is videos on YouTube yet another blessin, and it’s cheap because I’m the nigga that’s music video directin.

Don’t need a record label, or a mic in a booth. I’m cheap as Hell but shit I’m better than you!
I’m not a rapper. I just call this shit a hobby. If was fake I could race to the top faster than Ricky Bobby. Luckily, an MC’s not what I wanted to be, and I can’t freestyle for shit till you pass the blunt to me. So what the fuck you want from me? Nigga I don’t need to battle you. I want you to learn something and drop that attitude. But the problem remains the stupid niggas rocking the chains, talking about drugs they never sold or flying in private planes.

And yes I’m well endowed, I say that for the ladies. So keep my dick in your mouth cause now you sound a lot like slim shady.

Rap is dead, the underground’s got no remorse. I’m ready to die like Deandre Brunston but I’ll shoot you and the dog first.

I'll let you know what I think of him when I hear the song.

Cool. That's really the only song I've ever really liked of him and the violin is kinda cheesy but the beat is good and it pumped me up before playing highschool basketball games.

Cool. That's really the only song I've ever really liked of him and the violin is kinda cheesy but the beat is good and it pumped me up before playing highschool basketball games.
Definitely "The Best Out" by Dipset for me. I heard that on Fight Night Round 3 and it gets me pumped every time!

TI,
Your cracking me UP! STOP IT, I cant afford a new keyboard!

Sorry, no can do. The brakes are out.

And me either. Every time I type something with an "o" in it, I have to press it like this, ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo to get the POOOOS toooooo snap back intoooooooo place :lol: No, but really. It makes me want to stab my computer. (It's a laptop so I can't exactly get another keyboard without going external or spending a lot of money on one.)

More of a calm song compared to my usual. This one is about finding "that girl" for me.
__
Still a work in progress. [:yes:]

That Girl​

(Verse 1)
You could be blonde, a red head or brunette.
It’s the countenance you wear that I’ll never forget.
I’ve had a lot of let downs with women that I’ll never regret.
The way I see it, bad relationships lead you to a better one yet.
Every man and woman is the master of the own fate.
So there’s no point in despair if affection rejects.
Just look into the mirror see what it reflects and wait.
There’s no point to worry, self pity, or to get upset.
Cause there’s no telling what the future time prospects.
Open the window to your soul and let your heart project.
Find someone to trust, then form a shared respect.
Find someone who’s worth the pain that love elects.

I never found love in my life, besides my work in feature writing.
So now I’m searching in strife, because fame and fortune is phony-inviting.
I changed my priorities up, searching for the best heart and pretty smiles.
I used to chase females with the large breasts rockin shitty styles.
Beautiful women who didn’t last, so shallow and mild.
Naive adolescent couldn’t find the path to follow, child.
Too many misrepresentations of and thinking love is wild.

(Chorus)
From anywhere ground in the world,
I’m looking for one conferring to me.
Higher level and exclusive like black pearls.
I’m searching round for insuring beauty,
A Brown, Yellow, White, or a Black girl
I want the one worth pursuing truly,
Lord or Devil, please introduce me to that girl.

(Verse 2)
Love is not an emotion; it’s a lifetime and forever commitment.
If your love is on the line then it was probably never existent.
Some days you’ll hate your lover, but never part, you stay persistent.
Even when the stakes make one shudder, true hearts stay consistent.
I serve in higher powers as a soldier for my enlistment.
So I’m hoping that God gives his warriors contentment.
Still, I’m ready, armed with my pen standing at attention,
And I lead the Angels of Death to cause the Devil’s resentment.
The Army of Heaven’s colonel is grounded in Earth.
My weapon is the truth compounded in verse.
Only when Vertias is foreseeable can we able to fight the evil.
When they hurt us someone has to take a stand for the people.
God’s command is unequaled, but distorted under church steeples.
So I spit prophecy, out to finding expose false democracy.
So there’s no stopping me, inclining salvation’s promissory.
Every soldier needs family, his foundation of bearings.
Turn world over uncannily, for implication of love worth sharing.

(Chorus)
From anywhere ground in the world,
I’m looking for one conferring to me.
Higher level and exclusive like black pearls.
I’m searching round for insuring beauty,
A Brown, Yellow, White, or a Black girl
I want the one worth pursuing truly,
Lord or Devil, please introduce me to that girl.

(Verse 3)
I need that girl who’s looking at the bigger picture.
Who sees my creative edge so she rolls up my swisher.
Who I can take care of with my figures, but still has her own plans,
Who I show off to my niggas, and make her proud that I’m her man
I need that girl who wants me while I’m not a star.
Who don’t give a fuck about the money, chains, or cars,
Who see past the lifestyle and is in it with her heart.
Who makes it worth the while, my light up in the dark.
I need that girl who I can invest my time in.
Somebody there for me now and I can trust my life in.
When I find her I’m going to make her my wife then.
And that’s the reason I’m not looking for any golddiggers
Earning rap rep I’d get hoes, but want something realer.
Concerning more than clothes, and supports me like a dealer.
Who learns to be honest and sees to me like a Healer.
I don’t need a fan or a groupie, a fake or a whack girl.
I’ll be the man for the long run, so I’m looking for that girl.

Back