The reasons you visit, and would want to visit IndieTalk

I would like to be able to visit IndieTalk...

• Total voters
Mods need to grow a pair.

This is an example of what's holding IndieTalk back. An amateur asking for professional advice and gets abusive when s/he doesn't like the response. Failure to stomp this behavior will encourage the fools to cause a further exodus of experience elsewhere.

Inevitably these sorts of infringements would always come down to "define professional". A jury of our peers would all feel very differently about whom exactly that SJW boot should stomp in any given case.

I think an independent film forum inherently, and definitely this one specifically, is not the first place people come seeking definitive answers from a panel of professionals. I think this (any forum?) is more of a place to gather diverse feedback and make your own decision. And I think that is by design, as opposed to say a live film fest or workshop Q&A session or a REDDIT Ask Me Anything event with actual vetted experts. And while there may be a more informed answer in the midst of such a query, everyone is always going to form their own opinions, hopefully through careful post analysis and/or stalking, about which responders are actually speaking with any kind of contemporary knowledge base or giving more realistic or situational advice and which are more of an antiquated armchair general with suspicious amounts of free time compensating for crushed dreams... or whatever. I myself have seen posters give seemingly sound advice followed almost immediately by something completely invented. It's unsettling. Thus I would caution against any sort of empowering BTS "They're not listening to me and I'm awesome" mechanism.

So while I wholeheartedly agree with the general sentiment, these same tussles happen between users of verifiable matching experience/career levels all the time. I don't think you want the Schutzstaffel on amateur vs. professional as much as general etiquette.

Last edited:
Once again...

Now that we have a moderator team in place I'd like to keep this on topic, and feel free to add anything you'd like to see in 2017!

Please give it a chance, moderation was mentioned and we have new mods in place.

id love for an ability to find willing filmmakers who live close who I could collaborate to make films with, but right now I enjoy this forum for the advice given. I'm always willing to listen to help or feedback and improve on my films in that way, but I also love hearing about how other people developed to become better filmmakers.

Great results (almost 60 now), we will be using these as we move forward to better the site, thank you.

re: APE

That's the second dig you made at him since your return, there's no need for that.

Hello guys!
My english doesn't perfect, but I hope you will understand me. So...I'm here because I would to like promote my movie(s). And I hope you will watch it. :)

The info will be very helpful when we update the site in Dec (tentative). Thanks!

Back