Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow...

I had a professional sound man on my short. Absolutely blew me away. He was thinking about stuff I didn't know it was possible to think about.

He also turned a Tascam DR100, an ECM674 and a Promix 3 into surgical tools. He wasn't impressed with the gear except for the ECM which he described as surprisingly good.

Absolutely amazing learning experience. I think I picked up about 10% of what he was doing when he explained it to me but it was exponentially better than anything else I have every experienced.

Just wow. It was another revelation.

Shame my DoP was stuck in another country and the visuals are terrible... :(

Did you have to pay much for your sound guy?

There are two sound guys and I want to get them both together to learn from each other. One is an amateur who is excellent due to his enthusiasm. The other is simply a pro who owed me a massive favour. He was free but oh so slick. Psychoacoustics are his bag and I want to get the enthusiastic amateur alongside him so he can have his mind blown.

This is the difference between knowing something and actually experiencing it.

You'll be amazed at the options it opens for you in audio post; instead of being an emergency room doctor trying to save a patient you are now a fashion consultant working on a model.

instead of being an emergency room doctor trying to save a patient you are now a fashion consultant working on a model.

Good analogy but it assumes that whoever is doing audio post has the skill, experience and equipment to be both a doctor and a fashion consultant. This is what I was essentially saying in my last post and the fact that generally at the zero budget level, audio post is a bit like a fashion consultant trying to save a patient! :)

G

Back