Composer and Songs Needed for Feature Film (San Diego/Los Angeles, CA)

Gods of Los Angeles is the 7th feature film from USC graduate Garrett Gilchrist. The film is a romantic character drama following five young people as they deal with love, loss and the meaning of life in Los Angeles.

You can view two trailers for the film at:
http://orangecow.org/godsofla

I am looking for a very gifted composer capable of creating a symphonic score for an intense feature-length drama. (The trailers may give a hint of what I'm looking for.)

I need a great composer to create a great score for what I feel is a great film, of which I'm very proud.

I am also looking for additional musicians to include on the film's soundtrack - the film is currently 95% edited, and contains great songs by singer/songwriters Ryan Winford, Ken Thornton, and Davi Kutz. The film also has a cameo by the legendary Neil Innes (of the Rutles and Monty Python).

This is a copy/credit project. Pay will be minimal or none since I have very little money to offer, but feel free to propose an arrangement. I am willing to listen to your needs.

The film will be shown at festivals across the country.

If you would be interested in contributing to an extraordinary project that has been a labor of love, nearly four years in the making, you can contact me at tygerbug@yahoo.com.

I am currently located in the San Diego area, but will probably be moving back to Los Angeles very soon.

I would also be interested in hearing your demo CDs for possible use on future projects.

You can use my music if you want, or I can record something for you. I can do ambient, rhythmic textures, but I can't do symphonic yet (unless you want me to use cheesey orchestra samples and synthetic string pads.)

I am considering composers who can deliver a full, feature-length symphonic score.

But I'll have a listen.

Demo CDs can be mailed to:

Garrett Gilchrist
Orange Cow Productions
906H Caminito Madrigal
Carlsbad, CA 92009

Last edited:
tygerbug said:
I am considering composers who can deliver a full, feature-length symphonic score.

But I'll have a listen.

Demo CDs can be mailed to:

Garrett Gilchrist
Orange Cow Productions
906H Caminito Madrigal
Carlsbad, CA 92009

Tygerbug,

I am be able to create big symphonical scores but to make the time of your decision a little shorter i can show you some of my works on my website:
http://www.florianlinckus.com <<< There you'll find some Samples under the Music Download Category^^

I am be able to contact an Orchestra for the records, it would be better Quality then the Samples show you... But not for every project i can use an Orchestra, just for paid projects... but the orchestra isn't really expensive... :)

So hope to hear from you soon :)

Florian Linckus

Yes, I really like the trailer music ... The first trailer used music from "The Devil's Advocate" ... the second used music by Brian Mark, which I had used in my film "The Journey of Truesong." I had hoped that Brian would be the composer for this film, but he was scared away by the size of it.

By the way, I am still looking for an additional composer for this film. I was working with two composers, but one has left the film, making me miss my first deadline, and without at least one more composer I won't be able to meet the new deadline either ...

Back