CALLING ALL EDITORS!

I'm looking for editors. I need someone to edit a news spot I'm working on for the Black Cat rock club in DC and I'm also looking for another editor for a documentary I'm shooting on our relief project in Haiti in march (which I already have footage for because I'm starting with our prep meetings and fund raising). It's the largest group of college students in the country trying to go and help out so it should make for an excellent production (I should have a couple crew members with me there). Both of these opportunities would be little to no pay but would be a great screen credit for anyone interested. The black cat special should be aired on a couple news stations (current for one) and the Haiti project might be sent out to festivals if it turns out well (which means I'm counting on you!). Please PM me or leave a message here with a good way to contact you and maybe some work you've done if you're interested in either of these projects. Thanks.

This is something I might be interested in.

I have cut three "long distance" docs - footage sent to
me from the shooting location. The first two I did I hadn't
even met the director/cameraman. We finally met when
he started his third doc. I can send you to the YouTube
account where I upload 6 minute clips and if needed I can
send a DVD of the most recent one.

Your Long Distance experience etc

Sounds great, I'd love to see the youtube vids. I don't think I'd have to send footage over from Haiti because we won't be there for much longer than a week, but maybe, who knows. Either way if we did the Haiti doc I would be sending most of the footage via the internet unless you live anywhere near Iowa City or Washington DC. Which one were you interested in? Or both?

Sounds great, I'd love to see the youtube vids. I don't think I'd have to send footage over from Haiti because we won't be there for much longer than a week, but maybe, who knows. Either way if we did the Haiti doc I would be sending most of the footage via the internet unless you live anywhere near Iowa City or Washington DC. Which one were you interested in? Or both?
As you can see by my profile, I live in Los Angeles. So no matter
how we cut it - it's long distance. But as I say, I have some experience
working that way. If you decide to work with me we can work out out
the right method of getting the footage to me.

You can see the 55 episodes I've cut so far on this historic hike of the
American Discovery Trail. Click the underlined words for the link. The
entire two hour movie has been finished and screened at several hiker
festivals around the country. We are currently working on a 95 minute
cut for the BBC.

So the Haiti doc is still an "IF"?

When I said " if we" I meant if you and I worked together on it. I'll take a look at your work in the morning but it sounds like you've got plenty of experience to make this into a great piece. I already have some planning meeting footage and am getting some fund raising footage this weekend. If you're interested in looking at the footage and/or cutting out unnecessary stuff now we can talk about file transfer.

Ok, so I've looked at both of your works. Lawrence, if you could even send me (or post) a clip of your doc that would be much appreciated. Your short was entertaining but I would like a glimpse at what you do with doc work as well. Now the question is to directorik and Lawrence, which of these two would you prefer to work on? If you think you can handle two projects at once (I know I can't which is why I'm looking for you all) we can talk about that too. I have a good chunk of the Black Cat footage already, but the interviews also need to go through sound editing which I also have a long distance contact working on. The Haiti project I only have footage of one planning meeting so far and will have fundraising footage by this weekend. Let me know asap what you want to do so we can get the ball rolling. Thank you both so much for your time and interest by the way. Write back soon.

I'm interested in the Haiti doc.

During your fundraising don't forgrt a line item for editing. :)

Will do. Hopefully I'll be sending out footage to you and audio to my sound guy for the Black Cat special this weekend. If you could pm me with your contact info so that I know where to send it that would be fantastic. Thanks,

Katie

Back