• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Indie film makers with serious studio space for free

Free studio time offered to indie tv/film producers to introduce newly renovated facility, Seacoast Film Studios, Shelburne, Nova Scotia office: 902-875-3634 cell: 902-875-6187 www.seacoastfilmstudios.com
World-class ocean-front facility 90-minutes from Halifax, NS; 3 hours travel from Boston.
174 acres, one mile of private ocean frontage.
FREE: Studio A — 12,000 clear-span sq ft, 40-ft ceiling height; Studio B — 6,000 clear-span sq ft; pool studio; spotless dressing rooms, hair/makeup suites; furnished office space, fully equipped wood working and fabrication shops.
Super rates on site: 60-room accommodations building; on-site restaurant, equipped exercise room, offices. Call Mary Barstow or Jim Kendrick at 902-875-6187
jkendrick@seacoastentertainmentarts.com visit us at seacoastfilmstudios.com

Congrats, it looks nice. The YouTube tour doesn't work. Is the sound stage soundproofed or a bare aluminum shell? Thanks

The main studio -- we call Studio A is very much sound proofed, insulated, radiant floor heat and full A/C. the government built it when the military left - by local request because the town had experienced a big economic boost two years previously when Demi Moore's SCARLET LETTER was filmed locally. The film, of course, flopped ... and nothing was done in the studio for five years until Mary and I bought it last April.

First of all a BIG C ongrats for having a studio.........
searched from google that where is this Shelburne...and came to know its in CANADA....i have always loved CANADA and Australi (dont know why :D) well if i am not wrong this studio have the facility of film production + sound recording etc? ( a perfect studio!)... by the way i was again impressed that it is on 174 acres..wow......thats great....can i know about your plans? i mean you have a studio now so any film production plans from your on side? one more question if you dont mind

what was the reason you wanted to buy a studio i mean what was your objective behind it? and from how much time you were planning to buy this studio? (OoOpps sorry these are 2 questions instead of one.)

by the way visual tour at your site isnt showing the video :(
Regards

Good question. Here goes -- I've been in the publishing business many years -- mostly published national trade magazines (and made a lot of money) ... but also dabbled in my secret love -- film. This started when I was in theatre school in Boston, went through the Orsen Wells Film School in Cambridge at 19-years-old, then bought a movie theatre from my taxi driving money and began making 16mm shorts there and showing them between real features.
Had kids, so needed $$ and thus turned my writing to journalism ... then started magazines and did some regional tv script writing on the side and continued my junior film making for years and years
sold the publishing house and -- by mistake -- found this place. Threw everything $$ wise that I had into buying it. Spent the past year doing small stuff and mostly updating the hotel here (used to be officers' barracks when it was a military base) ... and opened the restaurant, convenience store, mini golf, drive-in move, in-house HD theatre and hosting film crews from all over who paid to use our amazing facility.
I'm offering free studio time as a way of networking into the industry. Producers have to pay for rooms and food -- so I can still pay for the heat and lights -- but beginning to attract very intersting people.;
I have three studios -- 12,000 sq ft, 9,000 sq ft and 6,000 sq ft ... all lit and soundproofed, plus a pool studio with Olympic size pool.
So I go forward and I'm having fun. Internally, we're doing a tv pilot for one of the Canadian networks ... a sitcom set in a fish plant called "Red Meet Seafoods". My script ... sorta amusing ... but I'm getting paid for it.
That's my story? I wonder if anyone no this site wants to consider working with us?

Jim

Back