I Need Your Input

I'm new here. I'm also new to a lot of things I'm doing now and one of those things is entering one of my
scripts into a contest. I have a half dozen that I've written but there's one particular one I'm thinking about
entering and I want your opinion.

The story follows a highschool student and his friend. They live in a small town that is slowly being taken over by vampires. As the story progresses our protagonist learns that's he's descended from a long line of monster hunters and his parents were trying to protect him from that life. But destiny catches up. The setting is the 1950's so they're greaser vampires. The movie climaxes when the head vampire and the protagonist face off in a drag race with hotrods.

My question to you fellow aspiring film makers is, should I submit this into a contest? It's not really a pure horror movie, it's more light handed adventure horror. Does anyone think there's a market for that or am I just wasting my time?

It sounds like an interesting idea! Well, as sfoster says it depends on the contest so what you need to figure out is what their requirements are.

As for whether there's a market for it who knows but you won't find out unless you submit :)

My question to you fellow aspiring film makers is, should I submit this into a contest? It's not really a pure horror movie, it's more light handed adventure horror. Does anyone think there's a market for that or am I just wasting my time?
Screenplay contests are not the script market. They judge the quality of
the writing and the execution of the story and characters. So my answer
is; yes, you should submit this into a contest. Choose wisely.

Back