• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Western Village!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Learning English needs free time & devotion & money.. I am not into it right now. I like learning from Films, I soon want to learn English of Phone Booth... Everything is ready, only a free time is needed...

There is a value in my words. I am from a family who was secret Jewish migrating to Iran. I am famous enough that can say Even Coen Brothers know my family. Yes, I know it for sure. I can't reveal only. Some of family members who were Jewish now live around the world including USA.
So, I am known by Zionists including those in Hollywood, and not only it. You can ask famous Jewish filmmaker like Josee Dayan, does she know me? Yes.
I for example know things in Big Lebowski nobody knows. I can speak what they really mean, Plz see carpet which is symbol of Iran if you doubt.. Some know this...........
Hollywood knows me since I was 10...

Thanks!

Last edited:
There is a value in my words. I am from a family who was secret Jewish migrating to Iran. I am famous enough that can say Even Coen Brothers know my family. Yes, I know it for sure. I can't reveal only. Some of family members who were Jewish now live around the world including USA.
So, I am known by Zionists including those in Hollywood, and not only it. You can ask famous Jewish filmmaker like Josee Dayan, does she know me? Yes.
I for example know things in Big Lebowski nobody knows. I can speak what they really mean, Plz see carpet which is symbol of Iran if you doubt.. Some know this...........

Thanks!

Indeed... you are a talented...

Learning English needs free time & devotion & money.. I am not into it right now. I like learning from Films, I soon want to learn English of Phone Booth... Everything is ready, only a free time is needed...
An excellent excuse!

People who are "into it right now" will find the free time to learn
what is important to them. But you are not into it right now. When
you are into it you will find the time and do the work needed.
And Steven Spielberg read your writing and told you you were “very
smart even compared to Hollywood writers”. You are known in
Hollywood. You should use that to further your writing career. Why
do you keep making excuses? It doesn't matter to anyone (but you)
that you know something about a movie that no one else knows.
Use your connections to Hollywood and Spielberg! Find the time to
learn English. Write an excellent script. Use the fact that Hollywood
knows you since you were 10. Stop telling us why you can't do it
and do it!

So, it is high time to rewrite openings of Rafael & GG in Proper English to find possible sponsor, is there anyone for helping me in that? Let's learn English while working... Agree it?

Thanks!

That conversation is mind blowing! Project with certain future, rewrites, famous in Hollywood but still posting on a forum, Spielberg likes my script so I'm ready!

You are stuck on your English issues but there is an ocean of things you have to know to get in to Hollywood. Do you know the screenplay structure that Hollywood demands? Does your hero have a clear goal? Is he really a hero or he asks for solutions? Is your villain really "bad"? Do your characters arc? Are they each talk in their own way or all talk the same way? Is there conflict and emotional changing in all your scenes? Is there a clear midpoint? Is it in the middle of your script? Are there intense turning points in their proper place? Do you have a B story? Does your script intensify towards the end or just moving forward?

The author has a grand price from Hollywood screenplay contest with my first screenplay. According to your logic I'm great! But what exactly means that price or the good opinion that Spielberg has about your script or the excellent marks I always get in the concept from coverages, is that we have a very nice idea and execute it pretty nice. From that to sell the script to Hollywood there is a huge amount of work we need to do.

Stop that crying about your English, you are wasting your time. Write a screenplay, translate it, get a coverage, get knock out from the punches from the teachers, destroy your ego and then start studying so you do proper rewrites and not just re-write the same script.

I will need to watch my repeatedly watched films dubbed to Persian in English. My English is only technical English of computer science, & a bit from High School & internet. I like to write in another Language to be fruitful in learning, not waste my time in writing Persian & make no money in a project without money. It is very loss-loss game for me. So, I try to improve my English by watching the memorized movies in English this time over and over & return later. I hope watching a few films like 3 or 4 suffices...

Thanks!

I will need to watch my repeatedly watched films dubbed to Persian in English. My English is only technical English of computer science, & a bit from High School & internet. I like to write in another Language to be fruitful in learning, not waste my time in writing Persian & make no money in a project without money. It is very loss-loss game for me. So, I try to improve my English by watching the memorized movies in English this time over and over & return later. I hope watching a few films like 3 or 4 suffices...

Thanks!

You need to understand what we're saying here before hitting the reply button. You are either picking a few words from our posts and reply based on your understandings of those few words, or you are reading the whole thing but didn't understand what it says. Panos is not saying you should make the script in Iran, he is saying because your english is weak you should write in persian , then translate it to english and after that start showing your script to people OUTSIDE of Iran.

So, I try to improve my English by watching the memorized movies in English this time over and over & return later. I hope watching a few films like 3 or 4 suffices...

Unless you are some sort of a linguistic genius, it will be impossible to perfect your english by watching an english movie only 4 times!

Unless you are some sort of a linguistic genius, it will be impossible to perfect your english by watching an english movie only 4 times!

Indeed.

Use Duolingo or some app like that to learn basics.

Watch movies with closed captions for deaf people to match the writings and the sounds of English in your head.

Read books. English books.

After 5 years of English class in school (3 hours per week plus homework and exams) and actually reading English novels/literature my understanding of English began to substantiate. After 6 years it became good. 20 years later I still write , read, listen and talk a lot of English. Still my English isn't perfect.

A book like Animal Farm is a classic AND a rather thin book.
Lord of the Rings is a classic, but over a 1000 pages AND it uses some old school English phrases like 'Lo, yonder' and such, which are barely used anymore. But for syntax it is great.
Books like The Dogd of War, The Third Man, Day of the Jackal have been made into movies, but the books are very very detailed and great to read.

Just watching movies is a bit like reading the manual of fitness equipment: you think you know it, but you are not really putting the work in it.
Just listening won't cut it.

Listen, read, write, talk. Or at least listen, read, write and repeat.

So, I try to improve my English by watching the memorized movies in English this time over and over & return later. I hope watching a few films like 3 or 4 suffices...

I can see how doing that might help you with dialogue. But how
can it help you write a screenplay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back