Hello! Beginning Script Writer from Ontario Canada

Hey all, wanted to briefly introduce myself to this community of like-minded people.

For many years, I have had a deep appreciation of the film industry and more specifically, examining what makes a good movie good and a great movie legendary. As you know film is a collaborative enterprise, the finished product is the result of many peoples efforts, but what has roped me in is the script itself, the ground zero of a film. I have had some good ideas for films that for many years have been bouncing around in my head and frankly, if I don't get around to trying to write the scripts, it will never happen. With this being said, I have been seeking some extra support in this endeavor and came across this amazing forum.

Looking forward to touching base with you guys in the future. Also, just a thought, my professional career outside of script writing is a full time addiction counselor. If anyone has questions about substances or peoples experiences using substances, to try to make their idea or character grounded in reality, I may be able to help.

miked

Hi, Miked!!!! I am a mental health nurse. I am actually working on a script now that does involve drug use, so may be asking for pointers!!!!
Well, don't let those good ideas role around in your brain; get them on paper! good luck and keep us posted!

Back