Matte painter available

Want to spice up your movie? Want to stand out from the crowd? For a low price, you can enhance your footage with set extensions or camera projections. Need a full digital environment shot? That's not a problem either.

I'm a freelance matte painter and I want to use this opportunity to present an attractive offer for independent filmmakers.

1. Full development: going from concept art to final matte, either done from scratch or based on a physical set/footage
2. Accuracy: where necessary, architectural elements and full digital environments modeled, textured and lit in 3D
3. Camera mapping: from simple 2D camera moves to multi-camera 2.5D and 3D projections
4. Working with greenscreen: 2D/3D camera tracking for inserting matte into live-action footage
5. Compositing: putting together the final matte with additional effects, like: color grading, motion blur, lens flares, 3D animation, fire, smoke, rain, etc.

You can check sample matte paintings, projections and the latest demo reel, here: http://www.ak-art.net

You can also download the reel in hi-res together with a detailed breakdown, here: http://www.ak-art.net/matte_reel.zip

Cheers.

You're really great! I'm bookmarking your site, for sure.

Those mattes on your reel make me want to see those movies! So cool. :cool:

Thanks guys, I really appreciate such a positive feedback :)

I hope I get to use someone like you in the future. I hope I can get to that stage.

Matte paintings are not meant to be used only in sci-fi theme or sth., they are also useful for small additions, extensions, fixes or changes and can be just 'invisible'.

I am looking for a matt painter and 3D animator for my current production.

We will be resuming work this spring. I'll keep you in mind. We are doing an outer space science fiction and magic combination production.

Fantastic, I like the before\after shots particularly "NEXUS BAR" and "PHOENIX beyond"

Those kinda shoots seem very useful to folks like me. Knowing how to film a shot in such a way that it makes matte painting cost effective would be awesome. You might offer a simple "set extension" package deal.

You might offer a simple "set extension" package deal.

wheatgrinder, if you want, I can send you a brochure with all details and prices. Also, if anyone else is interested, just send me a priv message or mail.

well, honestly Im guessing its one of those "if you have to ask, you cant afford it" situations. let me put it this way, what will $100 get me! :)

Back