• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Japanese rock/pop/metal??? [help

Hello all! Just joined the forum, looks like there's alot to be learned here!

I do have one specific question though, I'm a big fan of japanese rock, pop, and metal. Most royalty free sites' "japanese" music is very cultural string typed music. I mean it's cool, but not what I'm looking for. The film I want to work on is a live action film, but with anime elements, so I wanted to have some modern sounding japanese music in its score. Is there anywhere to find them? I've heard their copyright laws are different than the ones in the US, so... is royalty free not a thing over there?

I'm not sure if this is a correct question to post here, but I thought it would be worth a shot.

Hello new dude! Welcome to IndieTalk!

I recommend you find a composer to score the project. There are plenty of ones on this forum that I or others can direct you to and I assure you that you will be much happier with a score that is made to suit your project.

If you are looking for source music as opposed to score go to MySpace, which has become extremely music oriented. They no longer have the detailed search function (which really pisses me off) but it's a good place to start.

Oh. I don't know if you'll be able to find anyone who can do Japanese vocals, but I can tell you that there will be people that can emulate the style of music you are going for.

I also recommend you connect with indie bands of the type of music you are trying to make. Usually smaller bands are happy to get their music featured however they can.

Back